Friday, November 11, 2011
Best Things About the South
By: Casey Crow
Having just returned from the Southern Magic Readers Luncheon in Birmingham, Alabama (got to meet the fabulous Naima Simone!), I experienced southern hospitality at its finest. This got me thinking about other great things about my part of the world, so here's my list of favorites. I hope you will add to it.
1. Sweet tea and sweeter accents
2. Macaroni & cheese is a vegetable and pecan pie is a staple
3. Y'all is a proper noun
4. Smocked dresses and hairbows as big as a little girl's head
5. Front porches are wide and words are long
6. Sultry summer nights that start in April
7. Mardi Gras
8. SEC football
9. Pageants are serious business
10. Everything is darlin' and someone's heart is always blessed
Enjoy life and take advantage of the uniqueness of your area, no matter where you live!