I thought once I got an agent, getting rejections would be easier. Turns out, I was wrong. Like really really wrong. Rejections still suck. Got one yesterday that while it was actually nice, still stung. It’s cool though, I plan on drowning myself in a bottle of wine tonight and tomorrow, I plan to shop til I drop. Not literally of course but I’m splurging on a couple new summer dresses and new shoes…probably more than I need. I know it’s not summer yet, but I live in FL so we sort of gloss over spring and bam, it’s summer loooonnnnggg before I wish it was and then I’m sweating buckets and cursing the humidity.
So, I need a reminder why I love being a writer. There are many but I narrowed it down to ten.
1. I get to read for research. Considering reading is one of my favorite things to do, it doesn’t get much better than that.
2. Fan mail. I love it when people who are NOT related to me take the time out of their busy schedule to email me and let me know that they liked something of mine. On days like today, when I’m feeling particularly sorry for myself, fan mail makes me feel a thousand times better.
3. I love seeing the expression on people’s faces when they find out I write erotic romance. Priceless.
4. The voices in my head have an outlet. For real. If I wasn’t a writer, I’d probably be locked up in a loony bin.
5. My work clothes consist of yoga pants and t-shirts. And if I’m feeling really saucy, I forgo the pants.
6. I already mentioned reading, but I love the research aspect of it. I’m always learning something new. Like some states don’t have District Attorneys, but State Attorneys instead. It just depends on where you live. Also, not all guns have actual safety restraints. Though, I already knew that before becoming a writer, but there’s another tidbit anyway.
7. If I want to take a break in the middle of my work day and lay out by the pool for an hour, I can.
8. Since becoming a writer, I’ve met other writers. And they’re awesome. Writers are the nicest, most giving people on the planet.
9. No matter how crappy I’m feeling, once I start typing and immerse myself in a new world, my feelings of rejection and gloom disappear.
10. I can write anywhere.
Are you wondering about that cover? I just got it and I love it! I haven’t even gone through edits yet or gotten a release date for Power Unleashed but the cover gods were apparently shining down on me. Maybe I should add something about covers to my list… ;) Have a good weekend everyone!!