Friday, April 24, 2015

My RT Convention Workshops

Home
Hey y'all,

I know this is a repeat post but can't have you forgetting about the RT conference!


The Romantic Times Booklovers convention is nearly a month away! Who's going to Dallas with me? It's always a blast catching up with old friends, meeting tons of new writers and readers, and my fav....scoping out the hot cover models. ***happy sigh****

This year I'm honored to be presenting two workshops. This first is "Brand New You". It's a marketing workshop with my Seymour agency sibs Jennifer Fusco and Sparrow Beckett. Jen wrote MARKET OR DIE and has an article in the March issue of Romance Writer's Report. Here's the link in case you missed it. 
 http://www.omagdigital.com/publication/?i=246056

The other workshop is "Pitch Perfect" with some serious star power. (Not me! LOL). YA author Brenda Drake, Agent Louise Fury and Entangled Publishing CEO Liz Pelletier. Geez, I'm nervous just thinking about sitting at that table! I'll be discussing loglines. 

How do you come up with a good, exciting logline? Got one you'd like to share?

The most important thing I can say about pitching is show enthusiasm! Editor Chris Keeslar says the purpose of the pitch is not to the e/a to ask for it. They are most likely going to do that anyway if you made the effort to attend a conference and it’s remotely marketable. The purpose is to get them excited about reading the book so it doesn’t sit on their desk. You want it to be the first story they get to."
I also want to invite all the RT attendees to the Annual Shooting Stars Gala hosted by The Seymour Agency who represents me and another fellow NAC chick Ashlynn Chase.  Hope to see you there!                               
                                                                                                           Southern Smiles,
                                                                                                                Casey Crow



No comments: