Thursday, July 31, 2014

Great love songs

By: Casey Crow

Most of you know I have lots of jobs - author, day job in sales, and professional model/actress, but the one that has been keeping most busy is Image Consultant. Oh, I'm still doing my pageant coaching with that, but I've branched out and now working with an up-and-coming Nashville recording artist, Brent Harrison. I'll do interview him for NAC soon, but my latest trip to Nashville got me thinking about some great country love songs. After all, we writers are romantics at heart. Who among us hasn't had our book couples have "a song" or something playing in the background in a scene. Since since I'm Southern and the country genre is an entity in of itself down here, I've list a Top 10 for that, but not everyone loves country so I've created a general list, too (in no particular order).

Country:
1. We were in Love - Toby Keith
2. The Dance - Garth Brooks
3. Crash my Party - Luke Bryan
4. I Need You Know - Lady Antebellum
5. Still the One - Shania Twain
6. Crazy - Patsy Cline (yeah, it's an oldie, but goodie)
7. What Hurts the Most - Rascal Flatts
8. Love Story - Taylor Swift
9. It's Your Love - Tim McGaw & Faith Hill
10. I Still Miss You - Keith Anderson

And here's my Top 12 Break-up Country songs because we need a climax in a book, right?: (Had to add a few extras. There are just too many fantastic tear-jerkers.)
1. Strange - Reba McIntrye
2. Should've Said No - Taylor Swift
3. Best Days of Your Life - Kelly Pickler
4. Taking Off This Pain - Ashton Shepherd (this CMA artist who is a former dance and tumbling student of mine!)
5. She Wouldn't Be Gone - Blake Shelton
6. How Do You Like Me Now - Toby Keith
7. Strong Enough - Blackhawk
8. First Time For Everything - Little Texas
9. Getting Stronger - Sara Evans (can I just point out that she's married to former University of Alabama quarterback Jay Barker that I went to college with? How nifty!)
10. If You're Going Through Hell - Rodney Atkins (my mantra. LOVE THIS!)
11. Once Upon December - Taylor Swift
12. Don't Think I Don't About It - Darius Rucker

Top 10 from other genres:
1. Touch You Once - from Pretty in Pink (Who sings this? You'd think I'd as much as I listen to it on my Ipod)
2. Edge of Glory - Lady Gaga (okay, so it may not the mushiest song, but it's cool and this is MY list. LOL)
3. When You Lie Next to Me - Kate Coffey
4. Sometimes When We Touch - Rod Stewart (okay pretty much any one of his songs will do)
5. Glory of Love - Chicago (same as Rod)
6. Time of My Life - from Dirty Dancing (not that new Black Eyed Peas mess. Think Patrick Swayze. *sigh*)
7. I Need You Tonight - INXS
8. OMG - Usher
9. We Belong - Pat Benetar
10. Crazy for You - Madonna

Break up Top 10:
1. Skater Boy - Avril Lavine
2. I Got Over You - Chris Daughtry
3. What Do You Want From Me - Adam Lambert
4. If You Only Knew - Shinedown
5. Heart Don't Break Even - The Script
6. Here Without You - 3 Doors Down
7. We Belong - Pat Benetar
8. Stronger - Kelly Clarkson
9. Happy - Leona Lewis
10. Eh Eh - Lady Gaga


Let me know your top choices!

No comments: