Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Virgin Kiss: or how I ruined Chekhov to save the day



Virgin Kiss from Jina Bacarr on Vimeo.

Virgin Kiss, a very short story, is a pet project of mine. It's based on a true story and I've been playing around with it, trying to decide if it would make a good YA novel.

So I wrote it as a short story first...here's the basic plot:

Riley Murphy is a kissing virgin, waiting for the right guy to come along. Until she joins the Drama Club at Holywell High and has to kiss the class dweeb on stage in front of the whole school on Valentine’s Day. 

Riley is a fun character, embarrassed by her lack of kissing experience. Especially when there's a sexy hottie she's just dying to practice on.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm finishing up a novella at the moment, but then I thought I'd dive into Virgin Kiss and see what happens. For the moment, it's $.99 over at Amazon. It's a really fast read...if you want to relieve the pain of that first kiss, give it a try. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Jina

Virgin Kiss is available as a short story at Amazon Kindle

Photos: www.Dreamstime.com
Music: Sweeter Vermouth Kevin MacLeod (www.incompetech.com)

No comments: