Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Pepper O'Malley Chronicles Part 4: Under the Sushi Yum Yum Tree


Who doesn’t love sushi?

Rolled-up, tasty tidbits of flavors bursting on your tongue. Spicy, crimson tuna, purple-hued octopus tendrils, buttery yellow fin that dissolves in your mouth. 

Pepper O'Malley, my heroine in NAKED SUSHI, a Cosmo Red-Hot Read from Harlequin (October 2013) finds out how sexy sushi can be:


"Out of work and desperate, I had no choice but to take this gig if I wanted to survive. So here I was, lying on a table nude except for a shiny pink thong, banana leaf, and yellow pom-pom chrysanthemums, which covered my breasts.

A live sushi plate.

Rose petals lay scattered around me, and was that pickled ginger I smelled?

What if I sneezed?

It got worse when I saw the gorgeous man who got me fired from my computer job grabbing a sliver of red tuna off my belly, pinching me.

Ouch, that hurt.

He gave me that “sorry, babe” look that got me into trouble in the first place. Those smoldering dark eyes of his had led me into temptation. Self-assured and no doubt used to getting his own way, he oozed danger from every pore. I would have followed him to hell if he’d asked me." 

Sushi is not the only sensual food to tempt your palette and your man. As I write in my nonfiction book, The Japanese Art of Sex:

Imagine a meal that begins with a scoop of toro tartare, moist, raw, deep red tuna, topped with glistening, gray-green beluga caviar, awaiting you in a gleaming glass bowl. You spread the mixture on dominoes of bread, fragrant from toasting on the hibachi.
The warm toast, fat-rich tuna freshly smelling of the sea, and the cool, salty caviar are a sensual, suggestive encounter of mingled flavors, texture, scent and vision…many Japanese foods border on the exotic, such as pouring gold flakes over diced shrimp sitting atop a tubular piece of white marble.

Pepper doesn’t have gold flakes scattered on her body when she becomes a naked sushi model—but the hero’s kisses are golden!   
 
   
NAKED SUSHI is available for pre-order on Amazon!

No comments: