Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Quickie Blog on “Breaking the Rules” and why it’s FREE today




Do you love a quickie?

Oh, you say, you mean hot, sweaty sex with my man? Down and dirty and do-it-to-me before the kids come home or my mother calls back. (God help me if she tracks the GPS on my cell phone to the bedroom).

No…not exactly.

I mean quickie shorts.

Oh, you say again, you mean the shorts that cut into my butt crack that I haven’t been able to zip up since high school?

No…still not right.

I mean a quick fix for what ails you.

Oh, you say, trying again, biting on a hangnail, you mean a mocha cookie crumble frappuccino®?

No…but you’re making me crazy for a quick trip to Starbucks after I finish writing this blog, so I’ll make it short.

As in Short Story.

Today is International Short Story Day. According to their website: “On the shortest night of the year, June 20th 2012, writers, readers and publishers are again joining forces to celebrate the short story on International Short Story Day.”

To celebrate, I’ve listed my erotic short story “Breaking the Rules” as FREE on Amazon Kindle.

Elaine is a rules-kind-of-girl, whether it’s at work or in the bedroom. She sets out on a journey of self-discovery when she meets the Hunter, who shows her that rules are made to be broken.

This erotic short story is about a working girl who learns you have to ask for what you want.

At work...or in bed.

Excerpt

He whispered in her ear what he wanted her to do, and it was naughty, so naughty. In response, she pushed her pussy up toward him in rhythmic thrusts, allowing her to get lost in the moment. Elaine didn’t care what happened as long as he continued to rub her hard bud glowing deep within her. The sensations were almost more than she could bear, her body swaying back and forth, reeling with the sublime pleasure this man gave her.
“Oh, it feels good, so good,” she moaned.
“Do you want me to keep going, Elaine?” asked the Hunter, slowing down. The burning flame inside her started to ebb…flicker. “I can stop, if you’re uncomfortable.”
She froze. No, he couldn’t do that to her. He couldn’t! Not when she was experiencing such delicious sensations.
“I--I…” she sputtered. Nothing more came out.
Say it, girl! Tell him you want him to keep going.
But she couldn’t.
For all her bravado, Elaine couldn’t ask for what she wanted.

Writing a short story is an art, like making a soufflé or perfect scrambled eggs or giving your man oral sex that drives him crazy. Here are some short story writers whose works are timeless:

Edgar Allan Poe, who wrote sixty-five short stories, including The Pit and the Pendulum; O. Henry’s witty shorts, including The Last Leaf; F. Scott Fitzgerald, who coined the term the Jazz Age; Dorothy Parker’s timeless lament of every single girl, The Telephone Call; and my personal fave, Anita Loos, whose Gentleman Prefer Blondes began as a series of short stories in Harper’s Bazaar with a naughty chick heroine named Lorelei Lee.

So the next time you want a quickie, let your fingers do the work (and his, too, if you’re into that while you’re reading), and download a short story.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I hear there’s a frappuccino® with my name on it waiting for me…

Ciao and happy reading!

7 comments:

Naima Simone said...

I have mine!!

Wynter said...

Heading over there now. And then on to Starbucks!

Jina Bacarr said...

Naima,

Thanks! Appreciate it. Let me know waht you think about the story.

Jina Bacarr said...

Wynter,

Super! Enjoy...and I'll definitely be with you in spirit at Starbucks!

PS -- did you see my note in the comments section two weeks ago on my Titanic Rhapsody Trivia post? Both you and Dalton won an e-book copy!! (Let me know the format you need -- and check out the comment I made re: winners).

Wynter said...

Oh - thanks, Jina! I'm excited. I'd love a PDF.

Casey Crow said...

Great cover!

Jina Bacarr said...

Thanks, Casey, re: cover! I licensed this photo from www.Dreamstime.com They have a terrific site with unusual photos. I added the text and there she is--breaking the rules.