Monday, May 7, 2012

Milestones

At my local RWA chapter meetings, all members are recognized for their writing milestones - submitting a manuscript, first and subsequent sales, even rejections are included and awarded some chocolate and a packet of tissues! It's great to get that little pat on the back (or that shoulder to cry on) when important things happen in our careers.

Well, I have one of those personal milestones approaching this week. It's a big, ugly birthday with a zero at the end. And yes, it's just a number, but it does bother me. To ease me through the pain, I decided to get some wild hot pink highlights in my hair -- because I can. And yes -- that did help a little.

But the important thing about milestones is that they mark a point in the road. They tell us we've moved forward and hopefully accomplished some things on the way. Something I accomplished last week was a double release. Deceptively Yours, book 2 in my Wanton Weston Women series came out within a day of my interracial novella, Emotional Baggage. In total, that makes 25 books for Wynter. Okay, I'll accept that as a milestone.



6 comments:

Dalton Diaz said...

Meh. I firmly believe that the 9 birthdays are worse. The 0 happens and you realize you don't feel any different, so why should it be different? Well, except for the hot pink streaks now in your hair!

Congrats on the double release. I'd say 25 books is an amazing feat at any age.

Wynter said...

Thanks, Dalton. I always lie to the 9th year anyway;-)

Naima Simone said...

25 books! WOW!! THat's an incredible milestone, Wynter! Congratulations and happy birthday! I think you celebrated your big 0-ending birthday in the best way possible. A double release!! You rock!!

Wynter said...

Thanks, Naima.

Callie Croix said...

25?!? Holy cow, woman. I bow to your awesomeness. Way to go!!!

And I want pics of those hot pink streaks in your hair.

Wynter said...

Thanks - I'll work on that!