Saturday, February 4, 2012

I'm so confused!

Okay, I'll admit I'm not the brightest bulb in the neon sign, but with all the online committments, real life appointments, conference schedules, etc. there are days I don't know where I'm supposed to be and when.

Today for instance...1st, I thought next Saturday was my blog day. I had so many things written on my calendar that today's small square filled up and the words NAC blog spilled over into the following week's square. *Sigh*
However, next week is our Valentine's Day blog hop, so I'll be posting about that then too!
...2nd Up popped my credit card bill reminder on my screen and I can't remember which card it's for. I think it's the one I cut up recenty.
...3rd, I can't remember who I'm supposed to tell about the three books I want to sign at RT's two book fairs.
...4th, I had to cancel one of my appearances at RT due to a conflicting obligation, and I don't have half my schedule yet!

All my obligations, promises, etc. are written on two calendars with slips of paper added where I run out of room.

Yesterday I was notified of a winner in a contest I didn't know I participated in. The blogger or yahoo group or website owner (I still don't know who it was for) sent me an email telling me the winner's name and the title of the book she won...only the book wasn't mine. I guess I'm not the only person out there who's so overextended they get confused. I double checked and it was just the title she got wrong. Apparently I was participating in the contest, so I sent the winner a copy of Strange Neighbors.

Well, I'm off to do the one thing I'm expected to do each day...write!



Does anyone else find themselves in this situation? I can't be just me...can it?

12 comments:

Wynter said...

LOL! I have those days, too! Good luck sorting it all out.

Hot Ash Romance Novels said...

Thanks for making me feel less alone, Wynter!

Brenda said...

I think I ask myself a dozen times a day, why do I keep volunteering my time. I have so little of it already. At the end of the day, I'm too tired to write.

Hot Ash Romance Novels said...

Because you're a good person, Brenda.
I suspect it's as hard to say 'no' for you as it is for me.

SimpleLearningSolutions said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maggie Nash said...

Every single day Ash! Then at night I realised there are things I didn't do..

*sigh*

I can't remember the last time I had nothing to do but relax..

It's a sign of the times, but I say STOP! We can do with more living and less busyness!

Okay, I feel better now :-)

Hot Ash Romance Novels said...

Yes, Mags, I suspect you have the same situation, but with 4 boys and a job as a nurse educator, it must be worse than mine!

Brenda said...

I hear ya, Maggie. But what bus goes to the fairytale land of "Just say "No" to busyness", 'cause I'd be first in line.

Jax Cassidy said...

You're not alone! I can't seem to keep track of time either and now I started writing down my blog days! :P

Callie Croix said...

I love that you won the contest you don't remember entering :) That tickled my funny bone.

The cover for Immortally Yours is delish! That Jimmy Thomas is quite something, isn't he?

Hot Ash Romance Novels said...

I love that cover, Callie! It's funny, but I asked for him on my redo of the Vampire Vintage cover...and didn't get him. I don't know who the guy is, but you can only see him from the back. No ponytail.

I pictured my MD hero to have more of a clean cut look, and that's when they give me Jimmy with the ponytail? Sheesh. LOL I'm so glad he cut it off. It was too close to a mullet!

Casey Crow said...

I'm with you, Ashlynn. I'm so behind on edits right now and everything else. Deep breaths for us so we'll go completely crazy. Good luck with everything.