Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Act Of Valor

Who else is going to see Act Of Valor this weekend? I'm going for sure, because I'm a military and Special Ops geek. I'll be in the front row taking notes and covering my eyes when things get too gory :)

The thing that surprises me the most about this film is that the actors are active duty SEALs. At first I was skeptical (like, HELL NO) that the Navy or DOD would allow such a thing, but after checking with sources I trust, I have to admit it seems true. In fact, one of the retired SEALs I follow on Twitter posted the other day that one of the actors was a student of his during BUD/S training.

Just to be clear, I would have seen the movie whether the actors were active duty SEALs or not, but this just makes it more fascinating for me.

Here's the trailer:
Looks good, right? Most of the reviews I've seen for it are positive too. It began as a recruitment video that morphed into a feature film, and the shooting of it took a long time because the actors would suddenly be called away on deployment and the directors were never sure when they would be back. Or if they'd come back at all.

Who's with me?

5 comments:

Naima Simone said...

Hi, Callie!
It's on the To Be Seen list! You have to let me know how it is...and how it ends...it doesn't spoil it for me but I need to know if I'm in for a tear-jerker so I can prepare myself...what can I say? It's why I look at the back of the book before I buy it! LOL!

Callie Croix said...

I'll let you know how it is. I expect there will be some tears, since there's a funeral scene where all the SEALs pound their Tridents into the lid of a coffin (it's a SEAL tradition). Just not sure who's IN the coffin and whether I'll care enough about him to cry. Chances are I will, since I'm a big softie.

Dalton Diaz said...

I still have trouble viewing movies that are fake. I'll probably have to see it at home when it hits those airwaves, and only if my son isn't in a foreign desert land.

Wynter said...

Interested to hear what you think of the movie.

Casey Crow said...

This is looks good. I'll have to check it out!