Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Titanic Rhapsody

© Mikle15 | Dreamstime.com © Michal Mrozek | Dreamstime.com

My Katie, the intrepid heroine in my Titanic epic, has found a home...

ELLORA'S CAVE

I so excited to be with Ellora's Cave!! I've been a Titanic enthusiast for a long time and I've seen every Titanic film I can, including A Night to Remember and the German film, Titanic, made during WWII. I'm so looking forward to seeing James Cameron's "Titanic" in 3-D in April 2012.

Like so many passengers on the Ship of Dreams, I'm Irish--so I had to write a story about an Irish girl coming to New York on this grand ship.

Titanic Rhapsody is the story of Katie O’Reilly, an enterprising Irish lass who takes the place of the Countess of Marbury when the Titanic sinks, and how a dashing gambler, a wealthy industrialist and a bet made between them changes her life.

Katie rises to the heights of New York Society–only to see it all threatened fifty years later when her secret is revealed…

I've been tweeting everyday aout the Titanic and blogging here at NAC about everything from icebergs to teddy bears (with more to come!). The 100th anniversary of the sinking of the ship is just months away...

My Titanic story is a moment-by-moment account of what it was like to be on board the Titanic during those days and nights from April 10 through April 14, 1912, when the liner hit an iceberg through the eyes of my heroine, Katie, and her dashing gambler, Captain Lord Jack Blackthorn, and the Countess of Marbury, who is also in love with Jack.

I don't have a cover yet--so I put together this piece of concept art (photos: http://www.dreamstime.com/) with Katie and her mum's rosary to celebrate Katie's new home at Ellora's Cave.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!

10 comments:

Wynter said...

I'm looking forward to this story. Sounds awesome!

Jina Bacarr said...

Thank you, Wynter! Katie and my Titanic story are truly a book of the heart. I "lived" on that ship for months, learning every companionway and trying to figure out how to move my characters around in the maze belowdecks.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!

Callie Croix said...

Jina, I'm so happy for you! And I can't wait to see all the nuggets of research info you've managed to sneak into the manuscript. Any idea when it will be released?

Jina Bacarr said...

Thank you, Callie! Titanic Rhapsody will be released in early 2012. I don't have an exact date yet. The 100th Anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic is April 15, 2012.

The ship struck an iceberg as 11:40 p.m. on Sunday night, April 14th, and sank at 2:20 a.m.

You're so right about me and research--I've blended as much as I can into the story, down to the color of the chamber pot in steerage when Katie gets sick--it was blue.

Have a super Thanksgiving with your family!

Callie Croix said...

Wouldn't it be cool if it came out close to the anniversary?

Sadly, we had our Canadian Thanksgiving last month, so I have another few weeks to go before I can indulge in another turkey dinner. Have a slice of breast meat for me, will ya?

Jina Bacarr said...

A grand Titanic adventure is on the horizon in 2012! You're right, Callie--keep you posted on release date.

No prob here having an extra piece of turkey breast...my fave, too.

Casey Crow said...

Sounds amazing! Congratulations!

Jina Bacarr said...

Thank you, Casey! Titanic is going to be so big next year--and speaking of Mr. Big--Chris Noth is starring in a mini-series in 2012 about the origin of the ship of dreams...

Naima Simone said...

I'm so late, Jina! But CONGRATULATIONS!! And I can't wait to see your cover! The book sounds won-der-ful!!

Jina Bacarr said...

Thanks, Naima! I filled out the cover art info for EC--as soon as I have something to show, I'll put it up!