Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Interruptions to Normal

Life always manages to throw curves into everyone's plans. Well, this week I was hit with too much to concentrate on getting my next chapter of Dangerous Desires done and posted. My Mom got sick and her stomacache led to a week hospital stay and the discovery of growths in her lungs and kidney. Today she had surgery to remove what was on her kidney, but it became a problem not easily solved. So, she's still in the hospital. As she is the daily babysitter of my four year old newphew, I had to take over the task. Anyone with kids knows, a four year olds rarely lets you get anything else done. Not only do I have to watch him, but I do so while working my day job--online retail. Thankfully, I do that from home.

Hopefully, my life will return to normal and my story will resume in two weeks.
Until then, here's a recipe that may come in handy for one of your future busy days.

Lita's Breakfast Muffins
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law. They're easy to make, and they freeze well. Perfect for those days you'll be too busy to get breakfast during the holiday season.


Ingredients

1 tube Pillsbury flaky biscut dough

3-1/3 cups Shredded Cheddar/Colby Jack Cheese
1 pound cooked ground sausage
3 eggs, beaten

Optional additions are cooked and minced: onion, green bell pepper, jalapeno, and for a festive feel add diced red pimento or used red bell pepper with the green peppers.

Instructions

Separate each biscut into three layers. Flatten each layer and line 24 muffin cups.

Mix other ingredients together well and fill the lined muffin cups, mounding is okay.

Bake 15-20 minutes in a preheated 325 degree oven.

Eat warm, eat cold, freeze for another day!

4 comments:

Jina Bacarr said...

Brenda,

You're such a dedicated blogger and a good storyteller...you need time to step back and be with your mom. Prayers and hugs to you during this time...I hope your mom is well soon!

PS--muffin recipe made my mouth water!!

Brenda said...

Thank you Jina :-)

Callie Croix said...

So sorry to hear about your mom, Brenda. Something like this sure puts priorities in perspective, doesn't it? Hope she gets better soon, as it sounds like you've got your plate overflowing with responsibilities. And yes, 4 year olds make it tough to get any writing done!

Michelle Polaris said...

Good luck with your mom, Brenda. I am sending her healing thoughts. I know you'll get through all of the juggling, but it sure wears you down. Take care of yourself.