Friday, July 1, 2011

Guest Author - Randi Alexander!

I want to thank ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­all the Naughty Author Chicks for letting me guest blog today. I'm Randi Alexander and I write cowboy erotic romance.

My first book, Chase and Seduction was released May 27 from The Wild Rose Press' Cowboy Kink line.

The excerpt I included with my blog today has some steamy elements that I like to use in combination when I write a sensuous scene in a romance novel. First, there's the 'thinking about it' piece, where one character's inner voice is imagining what sexy thing he or she wants to do to the other person. Here are a couple sentences from the scene just before the excerpt: Chase knew what to do to get her mind off the different lifestyles they led. And it had to do with a king-size bed, her laying naked on it, and him pressing down on top of her. We're experiencing the character's fantasy with them, and visualizing through his mind's eye what he wants to happen.

Then there's 'talking about it' component. She stepped over the red pool of her dress and sashayed toward him, licking her painted lips, the glint in her eyes dangerous. Chase held his hands out to her, she put her palms against his, then-knelt. His body jerked, nearly poking her in the eye with his shaft. "Reno." She smiled. "You're going to like this, cowboy, I promise." When a character explains what they're going to do to the other, and both of them are sharing the same fantasy, the sexual tension doubles.

Then there's 'doing it'. Chase nibbled a leisurely path down her stomach to her belly button. His tongue in her ticklish spot caused ripples of desire to shoot directly to her core. He kissed lower, easing down her belly, driving her crazy with impatience, but wild with anticipation. Their bodies are together now, and the added element of the sensual connection takes the scene to its deepest emotional and physical level.

I include each of these three types of foreplay throughout the book, layering them, one atop another, until the scene is charged and crackling with passion. The first two are used to create sexual tension in the beginning of the book, but when I add the third component - touch - I've got a steamy-hot love scene that'll I'm hoping will curl a reader's toes and spark a shiver of delight.

What is your favorite piece of a love scene? The 'thinking about it', the 'talking about it', or the 'doing it'? Which one does the most to make you all gooey inside?





Country music superstar/actor Chase Tanner has yet to be denied anything-and he's never wanted anything or anyone more than gorgeous screenplay writer Reno Linden. So when the film they are working on is finally finished, Chase decides to turn up the volume on seducing Reno.

Reno Linden lived a quiet, rural life until she was thrust into the Hollywood scene when her book was adapted to film. Chase Tanner is larger than life, sinfully sexy and hell-bent on getting her into bed. Skittish after a failed wedding engagement, Reno risks the plunge into Chase's arms, and is surprised that her good girl self can keep up with bad boy Chase.

Though Chase returns to his cowboy roots often, and Reno cherishes the time spent with him on his ranch, the two find their careers pulling them in different directions. Will their attraction survive the glitz and stress of fame?


EXCERPT: Over 18 only please.

Reno was already at the high bed, skimming her fingers over the navy silk comforter. She walked to the patio doors facing the Gulf, then she turned back to the fireplace and the big white leather sectional couch spread out in front of it. She glanced at him. "This is so beautiful." She gestured to the water. "Everything. The house, the view." She smiled. "It's like a fairy tale."

Damn, it was good having her here. She fit just fine, like she could make this her home. With him. And maybe a few little ones later.

He strode over to her, pulled off his hat, and tossed it onto the couch. "I wanted you to like it." Sliding his hands up her arms, he settled them on her shoulders and looked into her eyes.

"What's that look for?" she asked as she pressed her hands to his chest.

He shook his head and wrapped his arms around her, focusing on what he held right now. "It's good to have you here."

"I'm hungry," she said, her voice low and sexy. She grabbed fistfuls of his t-shirt and yanked the bottom up out of his jeans.

"Whatever you want, baby," His mind switched to sex just that easily, and his body juiced up, ready to show her how much he missed her. Shrugging out of his jean jacket, he let her pull his shirt over his head.

Her hands landed on his ribs and she traced them to his abs, where she slid her fingers down his stomach to his low-riding jeans. She looked up at him as she snuck her fingers beneath his waistband, touching the head of his hard shaft.

"I want you inside me, Chase," she demanded.



To celebrate the release of Chase and Seduction, I'm giving away, to one lucky *commenter, an e-copy of my novella Her Cowboy Stud. Just leave a comment today and we'll choose a winner tomorrow. *Commenter must be 18 years of age or older to win.





I'm also giving away a cowgirl hat to one subscriber to my newsletter. For more details, and to sign up for this contest, please go to my website, http://www.randialeaxander.com And while you're there, you can read the first chapter of Chase and Seduction.


Good luck, and thank you!
Randi

RandiAlexander.com
http://www.randialeaxander.com

WildAndWickedCowboysBlog
http://wildandwickedcowboys.wordpress.com/

Chase and Seduction available at The Wild Rose Press Wilder Roses
http://www.wildrosepress.us/wilderroses/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=827

9 comments:

Michelle Polaris said...

Randi, thanks for joining us today at the Chicks. I love this idea of explicitly noting the methods of building sexual tension. On reflection, I think that I love it when the characters talk about it most. Dialogue is so powerful. It can reflect the conflict between the characters most easily. And since the build up is often the best, most delicious part, can make the tension the hottest of the three types.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Michelle, thanks for hosting me! I'm with you on the dialogue. The build-up to the actual physical love scene is always hotter when the characters are talking about what they want to do, or what they want their lover to do. Gosh, is it getting hot in here???

ClaudiaGC said...

The talking about it is definitely doing the most for me! :) It's probably like you said that when they are talking about it I get my imagination going and whew...it's really getting hot in here. ;)

Anonymous said...

You're right, Claudia. Our imaginations are so strong, it's like a whole different kind of love scene going on in our heads. Thanks for stopping by!

Paige Tyler said...

Thanks so much for blogging with us! Congratulations on the new book! Sounds yummy!

*hugs*
Paige

Jen B. said...

Howdy! I already won a copy at a prior stop. Just thought I would say hi. I hope your tour has been going gangbusters!

Anonymous said...

Paige, thanks for letting me take over your blog today!

Howdy, Jen! Nice to hear from you again. Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, ClaudiaGC! Using Random.org, you were chosen as the winner of my e-novella, Her Cowboy Stud. Please contact me at Randi@RandiAlexander.com to claim your prize.

Thanks to the Naughty Author Chicks for hosting me, and a huge thanks to everyone who stopped by to read my blog post.

Dalton Diaz said...

I'm late, as usual these days. Randi, I really like the way you've broken it down, and I would also have to choose dialogue. The pen is mightier than the sword. Yes, even in an erotic read!