Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What Were Those Words Again?


So the SuperBowl was Sunday.

And my team lost.

I love the Pittsburgh Steelers. We-e-ell, to be more specifice--and honest--I love Troy Polamalu. I only watch football when he's playing because I love to see his lovely locks flow down his back as he tackles another player...or carry the ball...or kick it...hell, I don't know. He's hot!

But this blog isn't about who won or how sexy Troy is--and that is a ten on the Hot-ness-o-meter! This is about the National Anthem. After Christina Aguilera's singing snafu Sunday night, I had to ask myself, WTF?? Now, I know, I know. I'm not blaming her. Because of course, they sprung it on her five minutes before show time that she was scheduled to sing the Star Spangled Banner. So she had absolutely no time to prepare or--gasp!--learn the words!!

How many stars have mangled this doggone song?? Have a little pride! If you have been invited to sing in front of a gazillion people, why would you not learn the freaking lyrics. It's just laziness! I tell you who needs to be mad--the person writing that check to her for performing! They need to be deducting some zeroes!!

So in honor of the "Mangled Spangled", I've found a few clips of the more horrific--and okay, hilarious--moments:



Question: Did he audition for this or did they just take his word for it that he could sing??



Umm...what's a "gred glare"?



When you sing the wrong words, I'm gonna need for you not to do a run like their right. "Does that Star Spangled Banner that wade...that wade...wa-a-a-de..." First time I've ever seen anyone do the swing to the National Anthem, though...

Oh well, there's always next year...another event...another remix...

6 comments:

Michelle Polaris said...

I think I'd rather make those writing mistakes I was talking about yesterday than screw up big in public. I still try to have sympathy (in between the cringing).

Wynter said...

LOL! I bet there are a ton of those videos out there of stars flubbing it. OY!

Dalton Diaz said...

What's really sad is that if they don't know the words (and I have to say, I'm tone deaf and I know the freakin' words), there are 1001 ways to have them secretly in front of you.

Naima Simone said...

LOL! Especially now that there's YouTube, right? It's like, now your children's children's children will see your f*** up! Michelle, I try to have sympathy, too...in between the snickers! I can't help it. I laughed about Carl Lewis all day!!

Naima Simone said...

Wynter, oh wow! Did you see Hillary Clinton's? I cried!! Hilarious!!

Naima Simone said...

Dalton, that is such a good point! I think the problem is that they are so busy trying to make it different, and have it stand out, that they get caught up and forget the words!! Word to the wise: Keep it simple. And crib notes!! LOL!