Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Betcha Didn't Know That!

Sooo...yeah...I racked my brain all day and I couldn't come up with anything to blog about. I thought and thought...thunk and thunk...aaaannddd nothin'.

Except...

...Did you know that Christmas trees are edible? A great source of Vitamin C. Take that orange juice!

..."Hot cockles" was a Christmas game played during medieval times...that's just a little too easy, isn't it? I'm not going to say it, I'm really not. But if one of you NACs come out with a book called "Hot Cockles" I want credit!!

...There are more nose jobs performed in the month of December than any other month of the year. Its the gift that keeps on giving!




...Charles Dickens' first choice for Scrooge's Bah Humbug was actually Bah Christmas. Good choice, Charles. Bah Christmas just doesn't have the same je ne sais quoi...


...The first president to decorate the White House Christmas tree was Franklin Pierce...who?


...If you received all of the gifts in "The Twelve Days of Christmas" you would have 364 gifts...That's a helluva lotta milk!


...1 in 3 men wait until Christmas Eve to finish their shopping. Wow. Shocker.

..."Tiny Tim" in A Christmas Carol was almost Small Sam, Puny Pete and Little Larry...*snicker* Again, just too easy...but I knew a puny Pete...I also knew a diminutive Dave...a minuscule Mike...

...And this isn't a fact but I just had to add that I have never liked the song, "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus". I mean, this poor kid just caught his mother getting her freak on with 'ol Kris Kringle!! Traumatizing!

...Did you know that my short story, Claiming Christmas, was released on December 10th and that the booktrailer is below?



Sorry, folks. Next time I'm going to come up with a great topic to blog about. I promise! 'Til then, Merry Christmas!!

4 comments:

Wynter said...

Nice trailer. Thanks for the Christmas/December trivia. Puny Pete must get around. I knew him, too.

Michelle Polaris said...

Hey Naima, I loved this Christmas trivia post. You know how I'm getting into the holiday and all. And the trailer is hot. Good luck with the release!

Savannah Stuart said...

I think I'll stick w/ OJ instead of eating my Christmas tree, lol. Thanks for all the trivia :)

Dalton Diaz said...

Just how well did you guys know Puny Pete? Any chance he didn't stay Puny once he got to...er...know you?