Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy Friday!

I totally forgot today was my blog day until about two minutes ago so I apologize in advance if this post is lame. Last weekend I was at the Moonlight & Magnolias conference in Atlanta and then directly afterward I headed to New Orleans to meet one of my critique partners who I'd never met in 'real life' before. Her husband contacted me a couple months ago on the sly letting me know he was planning a ten year anniversary trip for her (they're from Canada) and since I live so close wanted to know if I'd want to surprise her. The answer was of course, hell yeah! She really really hates flying so he had to hold off telling her about the surprise trip until the day before. As soon as he told her she immediately contacted me. She admitted he gave her grief b/c as soon as he told her about their romantic trip, she asked if they could come see me. It was hard not to laugh at that.


I stayed in NOLA for a couple days and today they're driving over to stay with us. In fact, she just called and they're on their way! And my house still isn't completely ready. Yes, I've had a day and a half to get it clean but I've been a little driven with the need to write. I don't know how people travel all the time for work. I was only on the road for a week but I feel like my whole schedule has been shot.


Have a great weekend everyone! I know a lot of you are at another conference this weekend so I'm sure y'all are having fun!

5 comments:

Wynter said...

I bet that was fun to finally meet her. Hope you guys have a great time together.

Dalton Diaz said...

How'd it go?

Kaylea Cross said...

Hubby racked up major points with me last week :) I'm so tickled that you drove out to see us, and that we got to spend some great quality time together. Hugs! xo

Savannah Stuart said...

Thanks Wynter! It was great finally meeting her :)

Dalton, it was so much fun! Eventually I want to blog about the different walking tours we did b/c they were so fascinating.

Savannah Stuart said...

I have to agree, Kaylea! Major major points :) I had so much fun with you guys and can't wait til our next meet up!