Friday, August 27, 2010

I Heart Fridays

The past couple weeks have been one round of edits after another. Trust me, I’m not complaining. Edits are an essential and sometimes actually fun (yes, I said fun) part of writing. Recently I added about 8K to a story and it helped the book more than I’d imagined. Writing new scenes for a story I’d considered finished is actually one of the fun things I’m talking about. That said, I had a release last week with Ellora’s Cave so I hope y’all don’t mind me talking about it.



What's Tempting Alibi about?


Scott got into a fair amount of trouble as a teenager, but now he’s grown and runs a respectable auto body shop. Unfortunately, the sheriff of his town has it out for him, no matter how much he’s cleaned up his act. When he’s accused of a crime he didn’t commit, no one is more surprised than he is when straitlaced Michaela Miller provides him with an alibi.


An alibi that’s a complete lie.


Determined to find out why his sexy next-door neighbor helped him out, he puts himself in danger of losing something he’d never considered. His heart.


Surprisingly, I’ve already gotten a review on it! Even better, it’s fantastic! “This spicy novella starts with a bang and doesn’t lose momentum. Michaela is strong and independent, and surprised me with her bravado….If you’re looking for a hot, sweet read, be sure not to miss Tempting Alibi. It’s one I know I’ll revisit again and again.” For the full review, click here.



For more info on this story, click here.



And just fyi, I’ll be blogging at the Southern Sizzle Blog tomorrow helping them celebrate their year anniversary! I’m also giving away a book so you have more incentive to stop by!

9 comments:

Wynter said...

Congratulations on the release! I'm one of those weirdos who loves edits, too. Kind of like another visit with characters you love. I totally get that. And making the book the best it can be is what it's all about.

Cara McKenna said...

Congrats, Savannah! A very happy launch day to you, and how lovely to see on Twitter that you've been working on all new words today. I'm missing that a bit, myself. Have a wonderful release weekend!

Jina Bacarr said...

Congrats, Savannah, on your new release! I just love your cover...and the excerpt was sexy and fun. I like a strong heroine and Michaela is definitely that!

Naima Simone said...

Yay, Savannah!! Congratulations on the new release! I love a reformed bad boy as a hero. It's one of my favorites! Can't wait to pick it up! Oh and also big congrats on the review!

Savannah Stuart said...

Thanks, Wynter. Glad I'm not a lone weirdo :)

Savannah Stuart said...

Thanks Cara! I wondered if you ever gave into the temptation you mentioned on twitter. I did eventually, but it ended up being beer :)

Savannah Stuart said...

Thanks Jina! Michaela was a lot of fun to write. Actually, they both were :)

Savannah Stuart said...

Naima, you are I are always so on the same page! Reformed bad boys are definitely yum!

Dalton Diaz said...

Oh wow, I loooooove this cover, too! Wowza.