Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Catching up with Cinderella and Kindle Scout: Part 2


I’m back with part 2 of my Cinderella experience with my Kindle Scout book selection, LOVE ME FOREVER. It's been a wild ride, though the fairy dust makes me sneeze and my feet hurt from the glass slippers.

I wouldn't change it for the world, but I admit I wear my fuzzy, worn-out pink slippers when no one's looking.

So here's an update on my Kindle Scout experience since Love Me Forever was selected at the end of April. If you missed my last post CLICK HERE.

1.  I took the full 30 days allotted after my campaign was over on April 27th (my book was selected 2 days later) to go over my book before handing it in for copy edits. I found minor errors—punctuation, missing words, etc. I had to re-do some paragraphs, fix transposed sentences, develop a few things, and worked on my timeline and events from 1862-63 for 100% accuracy.

The m/s is 142,000 words, so you can see why it took me a month.

2. Soon after I received a phone call from the KS editorial staff. The editor said my m/s was “very clean and the team loves LOVE ME FOREVER, it’s solidly written, filled with intrigue, both romantic and non-romantic, and we love the story of two heroes and two heroines interconnected.”

3. She also said they have a Civil War buff on staff who couldn’t believe the layering and historical information being so spot on. He loves my book. Needless to say, I’m thrilled.

4. I get my book back from the copy editor around June 29th with any suggestions the staff has (style changes, anything I missed, etc.). I then have one week to accept the changes (using Track Changes)

5. My book goes on pre-order on soon. Everyone who nominated my book should get a link at that time where you can download your free advance copy.  

6 .LOVE ME FOREVER goes live on: July 28, 2015. Tuesday.

Unbelievable how quickly things move. Three months after the campaign ended, LOVE ME FOREVER will be on sale! 

7. I received the $1,500 advance—digitally wired to my bank account. It takes a while to fill out the payee forms since you have to do one for each country, but otherwise, it’s a very smooth process.

8. The Kindle Press editor also indicated my book would be eligible for Amazon promotions a month or so after its release. Wow, now that is cool. I’ll be busting my butt with promo to make my book look good.

What’s next? I’m writing a sequel to LOVE ME FOREVER. To be honest with you, I couldn’t let this family go…I have to know what happens afterward down the line, so why not follow a family through the decades who just happens to time travel? A new heroine…a sexy new hero…and a whole new time travel adventure in a different era.

I don’t want to give anything away, so I’ll just say: “Time Travel...it’s the family business."

Before I go, I want to say the Kindle Scout program has been an amazing Cinderella experience for me. If you're an author and you're wondering if you should try it, I hope my posts will help you make your decision. The KS team is awesome...the other authors are like old friends. If you're a reader, please nominate the books you'd love to see published. You'll receive a free advance copy if it's selected.

So I'll say au revoir...auf wiedersehen...arrivederci...till next time when I’ll have a new update for you.

And in case you’re wondering about the graphic in today’s post, the hunky guy and the luxury castle aren’t part of the deal, but hey, that’s the stuff dreams are made of…


Love_Me_Forever_500x798
LOVE ME FOREVER

She wore gray.
He wore blue.
But their love defied the boundaries of war.
And time.

LOVE ME FOREVER is a Kindle Scout selection and will be published on July 28th, pre-order July 13!! You can read the first 5,000 words HERE. You’ll meet both my heroines and both my heroes in the excerpt.

It’s a saga of love and romance and war. Believe me, I walked every road, fought every battle with my characters, even walked around in a hoop skirt to “get it right.”

This is a book of the heart…any questions? Please ask!!

I'd love to hear from you. You can find me on social media:

www.jinabacarr.com
 
And on Vimeo you'll find my videos--all 71 of them covering my books, poems, etc.:

No comments: