Thursday, April 2, 2015

OMG! Outlander is Finally Back!

I've always said that I don't drink, smoke, or fool around - I read (& collect) books. Outlander in any form falls under the obsession category, and I've been jonesing for a fix since September of last year. Okay, make that a new fix since I have it On Demand, DVR, and I bought the blue ray. Yeah, I'm just slightly obsessed.

So there'd better not be any kind of interruption, human or technical. No rainstorm, cloud blockage, snowstorm, ice storm, electrical storm, or plain old blackouts. Did I leave anything out? Just, NO!

The two weeks following this Saturday's premier are going to be even harder. In a previous Outlander post (obsessed, remember? Click here to read post), I told you about the pact I made with two just-as-obsessed friends, that we'll wait for each other to watch new episodes. Well, one of them is in Germany for three weeks! Aargh! She granted special dispensation to watch the episode on Saturday, then we'll grit our teeth and wait out the next two before doubling up for two weeks after that. If that's confusing, I'll bottom-line it: There will be two brand new, unseen episodes of Outlander at my fingertips for two weeks...and I can't watch them.

Just shoot me now. Wait, I take that back. Shoot me after this Saturday's episode, please.

I gave my word, so I will somehow manage. We are planning to do it up right when the friend gets back from Germany. I'm planning an Outlander dinner, including making bannocks. Hey, done right, they are Paleo! They'll also probably double as doorstops, but it will be a nice change from the bag of sweet potato chips - each - that we inhale per episode. And by we I mean me, since I seem to be the only one left holding an empty bag.

Check it out, if you haven't already. Grab a seat, have a bannock (or you can try for a sweet potato chip at your own risk). You'll become obsessed, too! Outlander on Starz

No comments: