Thursday, February 5, 2015

Snowpocolypse








This is the sight off of my back deck a week ago, before we got another 4 inches or so of snow. That's a table in front, and the grill behind it.












Yes, there is a lot of snow on the ground, and more on the way. It's cold, it's wet, and shoveling out isn't fun, but... I love New England.

For those of you who haven't heard it 100 times, I'm a California (born and bred) transplant. I've lived in Massachusetts for over twenty years now, and I'm still happy about moving here. Yes, even when it comes to the weather.

I've never been a beach bunny. I mean, that requires wearing a bathing suit, right? Can't blame me there. And while I do appreciate the bits of sunshine in between all of the recent snowstorms here on the east coast, I also remember every day feeling the same when I lived on the west coast. Not the same as appreciating bits of sunshine; literally feeling that every day felt the same. Winter, spring, summer and fall, it was always 80 degrees. Christmas, Easter, Summer Vacation, Halloween? 80 degrees. Yes, it was nice sometimes. Just not all of the time. I love the seasonal changes here. It makes the year go by more slowly, and makes me appreciate the seasons themselves all the more.





 I still get excited by the first snowfall every year! My husband and the dog (who stands about 6 inches off the ground), not so much.













What's your opinion? Where would you rather be?




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've done "seasons" for 54 of my 56 years. I'm tired of it, especially when it comes to shoveling those seasons. I'm MORE than ready to move to someplace south of the northern Louisiana/Mississippi/Alabama border.

Casey Crow said...

Great pics!

Jina Bacarr said...

I love the seasons, too...like writing a book. Winter is a blank white page...
Spring is the hope you'll get it written...
Summer is that final sprint...
And Fall is the Harvest...
You're done!!