Friday, February 27, 2015

Because Mascara is a necessity of life


Today I'm jumping from author mode to another one of my jobs. That of a pageant coach for over 20 years. It's pageant season with high school pageants, students gearing up for Distinguished Young Woman, Miss America and Miss Teen USA so I'm fairly inundated right now. 

One of the most common questions I get asked is "How do I tape my boobs?" Seriously. But I'll save that topic for another day. Another hot topic is "What's the best mascara?"

My answer...Loreal Extend in the maroon and white tube. It's the kind that adds tubes to the end of your lashes after using a white primer. You still have to use a volumnizing mascara over it because it's not enough on it's on. Sadly, I haven't found a volumnizing mascara I love. I can tell you that Loreal Butterfly Effect in the silver tube and the Loreal False Fiber lashes in the black and gold tube are not worth the money. I'm thinking of trying Cover Girl next. Maybe the one Katy Perry advertises because she's a celebrity, and you know how important it is to believe anything a celebrity says. LOL

I've used the 3D Fiber that everyone is raving about. Mom loves it. I hate it. Way too much work and clumpy thick. My lashes look better with the cheap drug store stuff versus spending $30. Dido on Lancôme. (I can say that because I worked at Lancome for a while.) Plus Loreal owns Lancôme so it's basically the same formula minus the added fragrances.

Lastly I also use Latisse a couple times a week to maintain my long lashes.Its a miracle drug. A friends gets lash extensions so she doesn't have to use mascara at all, but my research revealed it is harmful to your real lashes.

So there you have it. Beauty tip of the day. Do you have a favorite mascara?

Southern Smiles,
Casey Crow

No comments: