Friday, December 26, 2014

Happy Holidays 2014 from the Diaz Household!

Wow, what a day! Forgive me for posting so late, but hey, it's not midnight yet!

It's been a whirlwind week here in the Diaz household. First, we had Hanukkah, which technically ended at sundown on Christmas Eve. Christmas Eve, we had 14 people here for an Italian feast. For those of you who have been following my posts about going paleo, yes, I made paleo dishes, too. Nope, I didn't stick with them. Holidays are tough, man!

This morning was great. Three of my kids made it home, but there are no little kids in this house now.  We all slept in!





First thing I did before waking the kids was to make paleo cinnamon rolls. Well, ok, first thing was insert coffee so I could make the cinnamon rolls. The idea was to fill up on those so I wouldn't eat as much bad stuff throughout the day and night. I'll let you know how that went as soon as I finish my pumpkin pie.














We skyped kid # 4 in and opened gifts and relaxed a bit, then I started getting ready for the roll-your-own sushi feast.


We had California rolls, tuna, salmon, and eel. Plus miso soup, and pork rolls. Yeah, I know that last one doesn't go, but everyone requested them.










This pic is great because in the background, beside the guy with half a head, is a shot of the puzzle table top that Stud made for me. It's awesome! Fits right over my puzzle table so I can do 2000 piece puzzles on one surface. Love it!







I hope everyone had a wonderful Xmas, too! We're not quite done yet. Friday night at the in-law's, and Sunday afternoon at my brother-in-law's. Just roll me home!

























3 comments:

Ashlyn Chase said...

LOL! I know what you mean. We had a headonist's Christmas ourselves!

Peggy said...

We had a lovely Christmas too. First time going to the niece's for Christmas with of course some of her in-laws. Different but she did a great job . And with a 1 year old and just back to work aftet mat leave lol

Dalton Diaz said...

We did get to have a bit of the magic of little kids at Christmas last night at the In-law's, with my nieces.