Friday, November 7, 2014

How do you Christmas Shop?

Why is it that even before Halloween Target has the Christmas stuff out? Ok, I admit, my highlight of Halloween is that the Hallmark Channel starts its Countdown to Christmas movies. Yes. Hello, my name is Casey and I'm a Hallmark addict.

So by default, I merrily swing into the holiday season, thankful that Nov. 27 means we are one day away from the official start of shopping season. I'm not one to brave the early morn on Black Friday. It's the whole getting up at the butt crack of dawn, scrounging the aisles, and fighting the crowds in search of the best bargains that turns me off, but if you're one of those brave souls...Khudos to you. Could you pick my son up an XBox 360 while you're out? 

I do, however, love me some online in the comfort of my jammies because, alas, I am not one of those annoyingly organized people who has all her shopping already done. And in my defense that is because my kids have yet to pick out their three Santa items. (In my house, Baby Jesus got three gifts, you get three gifts. I love it even if Grandma has never gotten the memo and spoils the kiddos beyond belief.)

I'm an online shopper, followed by a Toys r Us run after Black Friday since most of the stuff I need is out of stock online. Did you notice I said "need" as in my son's NEEDS more legos. 

I'm think I might brave the crowds this years just to see what all the whoopla is about on Black Friday. Any suggestions?  I might chicken out, though, when I see the number of cars in the parking lot and I can promise I won't be getting up at 6 or even 7 so is it still worth it to straggle in about 10 or 11? Um, yeah, Casey is not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination. 

I do like to stroll the mall at some point before Christmas, maybe picking up that last item or just browsing. I like to see the decorations and hear the carols blasting through the speakers. It just puts you in the spirit, you know?

How do you shop? Do you spend the extra twenty at Toys r Us or the mall next week when the crowds aren't so crazy? Do you wait till the last minute like my dad (seriously - like Christmas Eve last minute)?

Well, whatever kind of shopper you are, I hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving and make a point to be thankful for something everyday this month!

Southern Smiles,
Casey Crow

No comments: