Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloween 2014

Halloween 2014 went pretty well. We tried a few new things and need to make a few adjustments, but overall, it was a crowd-pleaser. I'll post the pics first, and a quick video at the end to put it all together in order. It's really hard to get good pics of pumpkins in the dark!

Started at the end of the long driveway with pumpkins for a dead musician graveyard. We had Elvis (didn't turn out so great), Bob Marley, Michael Jackson from Thriller, Curt Cobain, and Jim Morrison. 
Had John Lennon, but the pumpkin itself was a dud. Learned a lesson about choosing pumpkins this year, and maybe why they're cheaper at Wal-Mart.
Stud built me a scaffold for the hanging heads. I had wanted to have skeletons with tattered clothes hanging down, but ran out of time. Next year. 












My fave is the "Head Cheerleader."









Here's a bit of what was on both sides of the walkway up to the porch.












Including a video game section. 

The big one on the left is supposed to be Master Chief from Halo. He didn't light up very well. :(

The other two are from Gears of War and Call of Duty. There's also a little one with a Minecraft Creeper that didn't show up in the pic.

















If the kids weren't too scared to make it to the porch, there was Frozen for the little kids. We had quite a few Elsa's and Anna's come through, and they were thrilled.



Wreck-It-Ralph





Mocking Jay
(Hunger Games)








On up to the movie for the dads. They loved "Jaws". I was going to do the Hangover Baby, but ran out of time. 



 That's a hairy version of Stud (no green face mask this year), and our new toy that you can see at the end of the video.



Overall, it was a great night. It was freakin' cold, but not the worst its been. It snowed on Sunday, so we were lucky indeed!





Until next year, I leave you with the video:


















2 comments:

Ashlyn Chase said...

Amazing pumpkin carving! I'll have to see the video later. I'm off to vote and get my hair cut.

Dalton Diaz said...

Is that anything like, "We'd have a date, but I have to wash my hair"?