Friday, October 17, 2014

Romanticon 2014 in Pictures

I give up! My computer is fried. Help is on the way, but for now I will post the pics as is and do the videos when my computer parts arrive. 


Mary E and CJ, a great way to start the conference with my very first pic!











Karaoke Meet & Greet





Fans of the Karaoke Meet and Greet!











It's just mean to say something funny when you're trying to be romance cover material, dammit!

















This really doesn't need a caption...


















Hmmm. Giant lickable Caveman poster, or pose for a pic? I'm not so sure Elle Boone has it wrong! Or maybe this caption should be, "Can you pick out the erotic author?"










Love this pic! Can I go back? I have to say, it felt really good to be able to wear something like this after losing all that weight. Loving Paleo! Next trick will be keeping it off over the holidays for the Wild Wicked Weekend!













Two of my favorite ladies! Always great to see them. Until 2015, ladies!
















My two Roommates. Plus, a fridge full of cheesecake. Seriously good cheesecake. It's not Paleo, and I tried to take one bite. I ate the whole jar.  To check it out, click here: CHEESECAKE




















Caveman Bingo, anyone?

And we all discovered the true way to Rodney's heart. Cheesecake!




Cait's T-shirt. Awesome!





































































Ummm, I'll have what they're having, please.

And last but by far least... Taylor won Alpha Caveman of the year! So deserving. First thing he did was tell them to split the monetary award between all of the guys. I know, huh? All that, and a great guy, too. Definitely Alpha Caveman material.

I will post more on the Best. Show. Ever!! I swear I will get the video to work and post it the minute I can, probably on my FB page, tho I may add it here, too. For now, here are some pics:

There was one huge mar on the week that came right when the conference ended. Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that both Axl and Taylor flew home on that plane with the nurse who was diagnosed with ebola the very next day. This is, unfortunately, very true. Not only that, it has been proven that she sat within 3 feet of the guys. God love them, they put themselves on immediate quarantine before it was ever suggested they do so. There has been a GoFundMe site started to cover their expenses for the 21 (possibly +) days they will be in quarantine, as they obviously can't work. No, they did not ask for this. They didn't ask to be exposed to ebola, either. They are simply doing the right thing, and the romance community takes care of its own. If you can lend a hand, please go to http://www.gofundme.com/fw2ja4  Any amount toward the goal is greatly appreciated. For a firsthand account of what they are going through, check out Axl's FB page.


6 comments:

Mary said...

Thank you for the photo of CJ and I It is one of the best I have seen from the conference. Everyone seemed to have a wonderful time. I am still upset over Axl and Taylor. Two of the nicest guys ever.

Cris Anson said...

Great pics and great recap. Romanticon 2014 was terrific and I hope everyone prays for Axl and Taylor to come out of this with no sign of the disease.

Dalton Diaz said...

Aww, I'm so glad, Mary! And Cris, your lips to God's ears. They're such good guys.

Ashlyn Chase said...

I've been looking forward to these pics!

And as a nurse I'm furious with that fecking idiot who thought it was okay to expose innocent flyers to ebola.

Jina Bacarr said...

Fabulous pictures, Dalton!! Enjoying them with my morning java--I feel like Alice in a neon Wonderland! Love the sexy guy pix. You done good!!

Prayers and good thoughts to Axl and Taylor they're okay...

Casey Crow said...

Great pics! Looks like you had a blast!