Thursday, May 29, 2014

May Madness!

What a crazy month May has been. The twins finished up their freshman year at college and they are both home for the summer. I've been to Florida, swam with dolphins in the Bahamas, and as you are reading this, I'm attending Book Expo America in NYC. Stud is with me, making it the first time we have ever traveled together for separate business trips.

But let's go back to the Bahamas. The reason I missed my last post was because I actually thought I'd have everything together and not be running around like a headless chicken right up until we left for the airport. Uh-huh, riiiiiight. On a more successful note, for those of you who were following the results of eating Paleo to lose weight for this trip - I did all right. Lost almost 15 lbs in 2 months. I could have done better, but I fell off the exercise wagon pretty early. Still, it was good enough, and I will not only continue to eat modified Paleo, I will get back on that damn exercise wagon.

The cruise itself was a lot of fun. I got to meet a bunch of Stud's coworkers and their spouses, and they are a fun group! The company picked up the tab for everything, and I mean everything! Without that, we couldn't have done the dolphin encounter. Here's a pic from that, as well as proof that I do need a life jacket to be buoyant in water.






Later that night, Stud and I got to meet up with two very special ladies from Nassau who come all the way to OH for Romanticon. It was so cool to be able to come to them! Tina and Sharel, I hope you don't mind if I share this photo here, too.


Here's something you don't see every day, unless you live on an island!








And last but not least, I couldn't resist snapping this pic when she walked by. This one is for all of my friends in Texas. 
We were supposed to have a 2nd day on land on Coco Cay, but high winds prevented the launches from bringing us ashore. We had a cabana for the day and a kayak/snorkel adventure that got canceled along with it, so we were pretty bummed. Oh well. My heavy sandals got blown two lounge chairs down when I tried to catch some rays upon deck later that day, so it's pretty safe to say they made the right decision. 

There are still a few days left in May, and the 31st is the best one of all. Happy Anniversary, Stud! 22 years flies when you're having fun!




4 comments:

Mai said...

Love the pics DD looks like y'all had fun. Happy anniversary!

Victoria Adams said...

Sounds and looks like you had fun.

Ash said...

Happy Anniversary! And I LOVE that picture of you getting a dolphin kiss. Can you send me a copy?

Dalton Diaz said...

Never asked for a pic with me and Cavemen, but give the woman a dolphin and she wants a copy? LOLOLOL!