Thursday, March 6, 2014

Wild Wicked Weekend 2014

If you are reading this, you probably already know that I was lucky enough to not only attend the Wild Wicked Weekend in San Antonio TX, I was on the planning committee with my new sisters, Desiree Holt, Cerise DeLand, Brenna Zinn, Regina Carlysle, and my twin, Samantha Cayto

Sam Cayto and I traveled together, making it out of Boston 3 hours ahead of yet another 6 - 8in. of snow. High-fives when we stepped out of the airport in TX into perfect, if not slightly humid air. We got to the Menger, unpacked, and it wasn’t long before Cerise, Des, and Margie H. picked us up and we were off to my very first rodeo! It was everything I’d hoped and then some. The only bummer was all that bling and not one toe ring. The vendors all said the same thing: “I have plenty, but didn’t bring them. You do know it’s February, right?” 

Thankfully, my inner toe ring whore was quickly silenced. First check out the food: 






















Then the rodeo itself:










And the Darius Rucker concert that followed. I refrained from yelling “Hootie” at the top of my lungs, and was rewarded when he sang my 3 fave songs by Hootie and the Blowfish. Woo-Hoo! At that point, Sam and I had been up for almost 24 hours and the others took pity on us and dropped us back at the Menger to rest up for the Wild Wicked Weekend.



Wed. is still a blur of unloading boxes, stuffing bags, taking care of last minute business, and tons of hugs and laughter. What an amazing group of ladies! Dinner that night with Dr. Charley was interesting, to say the least! Still curious where she bought that cookie... 

Thurs. was registration. Let the WWW begin! Er, except one thing; I don’t have many pics of the actual conference. My phone is my camera, and my phone was also our DJ device for the conference. It was supposed to be backup, but there was something wrong with the jack on my computer. It caused a bit of chaos, but let’s just say I learned a lot about iTunes and I will be ready to rock it next year. Either that, or I'll traumatize my DJ son and bring him. NOT! 

Here are five of my fave moments for your imagination:

Me, in a hotel room with all 3 hot male hosts, trying to explain Sex Position Gumby as professionally as possible while Taylor Cole changed his clothes two feet away. It wasn’t just his shirt. 

Watching Cole and Avery act out an emotional scene in Illegal Moves.

Finding out that a 20yr old wearing squirrel boxers can be sexy. 

Discovering that Desiree Holt and I share an obsession for Twizzlers.



Asking the banquet manager to bring in a rollaway bed, two forks, two wine glasses and a candle. Then seeing his face as I added it to the pile of props for Sex Position Gumby, which already included a feather duster, a whip, a cowboy hat, two long scarves, and a slice of chocolate cake I filched from the dessert bar. 



And one notably bad moment!

Running the DJ system using 5 devices for the Drag Queen contest, doing ok for someone with no training whatsoever, until I cued up the last song, gave a whole-body relief sigh, and inadvertently hit the pause button. Mid performance.
Thank God Shayna ended up winning the contest!


The stuff listed here is only the tip of the iceberg. It was an amazing week from start to finish. Sam and I did something smart and stayed one extra night to decompress before we headed back to this:


I can't wait for Wild Wicked Weekend '15! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was an AWESOME weekend, and you ladies are the best!!! I can't imagine all of the work that went in to putting on such a fan-tab-u-lous weekend!

Now about that toe-ring fetish (which I share).... come back to Texas in April for the Bluebonnet Festival, or in November for the Renaissance Festival and I'll hook you up!

Thanks again for a great weekend!

~Sandi

Dalton Diaz said...

Oh, man! Sandi, I should be going to Dallas sometime in the next few months. Did you see my NAC post about my Toe Ring Fetish? http://naughtyauthorchicks.blogspot.com/2010/08/i-am-toe-ring-slut.html

Mai said...

LOL that sounds like an absolutely great time DD!

Dalton Diaz said...

Feb, 2015 Mai! ;)

Ashlyn Chase said...

Hahahahaha Typical New Englander in TX in Feb.

I was in the motel pool with a girl from Northern CA. Temp in the low 70's.

Me: I wonder why no one else is in the pool? It's nice out.

Her: They think it's cold.