Wednesday, December 25, 2013

It's Silent Night - NOT!

It's Christmas night. Our bellies are overstuffed, the house looks like a tornado ripped through it, and Rock Band is now in full swing with the volume set at 11.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

This has been an amazing Christmas. Yes, there were a few rough spots to get to this point. Two of the four kids went through hell just trying to get here, and it was difficult to see my mom struggle to understand a wrapped gift. But the kids all arrived, and my mom was here to enjoy the day with us. Neither of those things could be expected even 6 months ago, and they are true blessings.

Nights like tonight are what matter most, though. It feels best when all of the work and pageantry are over, and we can all relax and have a great time together. The house can wait. Come Sunday, they'll start leaving one by one and it will be at least six months before we know if we'll all be together at any point in 2014. Yeah, I can't even type that with a straight face. Someone will be at someone else's throat long before Sunday! You know what? That's okay. That's family, too.

So Merry Christmas, everyone, from my house to yours. I hope your holiday was filled with these moments to cherish, too.

4 comments:

Amber Skyze said...

Have fun with the family. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

Dalton Diaz said...

Same back atcha, Amber!

Desiree Holt said...

I am so, so happy things came together for you the way they did. I know what a truly stressful year this has been for you and you deserve this pleasure with your family. Here's to a great 2014.

Ash said...

Yup. I can imagine the chaos, and the love that holds the whole craziness together. I've witnessed it.