Thursday, November 14, 2013

NaNo No Go

NaNo is a bust for me.

Let me clarify that: NaNo is a technical bust for me. And God knows, I don’t need any more bust in my life in any sense. Bwahaha. Sorry, couldn’t resist. Especially after receiving a DDD bra in the mail yesterday, but that’s another story.

I knew I would never achieve the NaNo goal going into it. While I didn’t expect it to become an epic fail so quickly, I knew there was no way in hell I was ready for the daily goal I’d have to set in order to meet the 50k.

So why would I subject myself to it? Sign up, and worse, tell others I’ve signed up for it?

Because I’ve written almost every day. My word count is low, but slowly rising. I knew it was going to take a lot of hard work to get where I want to be, but that’s okay. Hard work has never scared me. There’s proof of that in my last post, Pumpkin Halloween ’13! Thing is, I could let my mind wander while I did that physical hard work.

I can’t do that while writing.

So thank you, NaNo. It will be interesting to see where my average daily word count is hovering by the end of this year.

Oh, and apparently, I can still do the Mork handshake. Nanu Nanu! Gotta run, this doesn't go toward my word count.

5 comments:

Ashlyn Chase said...

Oh no! We're going to have to come up with a middle name for you if you're a triple D now! LOL

I'm seriously so proud of you for doing your best. That's all anyone can ask of themselves. I had a few unproductive days recently, but it feels so good to be back!

Victoria Adams said...

I disagree - it should count towards your word count total. I don't do the NANO thing - not good at putting that much pressure on myself. But hey, whatever you did get written - is that much closer to the end of another book!

Casey Crow said...

I'm terrible. I never do NaNo. November always seems like my busiest month, but I am excited about the Young Adult I've started so maybe that will motivate to get some extra word counts in each day!

Dalton Diaz said...

I would love to get back up to a speed where NaNo will be possible. Whatever gets me there, I'm all for it!

No, no DDD, please!! My back hurts enough already!

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

Go, DD! Nano is already a bust for me too. But I agree that just getting back into good writing habits is enough of a win!