Monday, August 12, 2013

Release Day! Choose Your Shot, with Christine d'Abo! Contest!

The Naughty Author Chicks are thrilled to turn today's blog over to Christine d'Abo, author extraordinaire and literally the most energetic person person I've ever met! Writers, if you ever have the opportunity to take a workshop she's giving, do it! Your muse will love you. - Dalton

As a writer, there are times when I do scare myself. :)  I’ll start out with what I consider to be a simple idea, and somehow it morphs into this gigantic thing that I wasn’t anticipating. Case in point, Choose Your Shot.
I got the idea in my head that I wanted to write an interactive book after I saw that Carina Press was looking for some. What fun that would be! I loved the Choose Your Own Adventure books as a kid, and knew I could nail the feeling for that type of story. I wanted to put my own flare to it though, and hence it became an erotica with a dash of romance.

Yes people, this is a smutty, smutty book.

The further I got into the story, the more options I wanted to give my heroine Tegan. I thought it would be a great opportunity to give readers more of a view into the world of BDSM, to show them in short scenes some of the wonderful kinks that are out there. Not everyone will like every kink, but at least they’ll be able to get a taste.

And that is where my simple plan became HUGE!

I have a flow chart. A list of kinks and how they connect to other kinks. This required a fair amount of research on my part (read into that what you will), to make sure I did all of these kinks justice. What kind of things will you be able to discover in this book?

*clears throat*
  • Bondage
  • Wax play
  • Male cross dressing
  • Orgies
  • Male/male
  • Female/female
  • Shibari
  • Sex swings
  • Violet wands
  • E-stim machines
  • Orgasm machines
  • Spanking
  • Pegging
  • Going as a Domme
  • Going as a submissive
  • St. Andrew Cross
  • And a so much more!
Catch your breath now. There you go. There should be something for everyone in this book. And to top things off, you get to choose which hero Tegan ends up with at the end of the book! Over and over you’ll be able to come back and try out different options.

CONTEST!!
I’m going to give away a copy of Choose Your Shot to a commenter below. Let me know what your favorite kink is, or what you’d like to see in an interactive book. Contest will run through Wed, 8/14 at midnight, EST. Winner to be announced Thurs, 8/15. Don't forget to leave your email addy!

I hope you have as much fun reading as I did writing!

Choose Your Shot: An Interactive Erotic Adventure is now available at Carina PressAmazon, and B&N.

Christine d'Abo is hooked on romance. As a novelist and short story writer with over thirty publications, including the immensely popular Long Shots series, the imagination is always flowing. She loves to exercise and stops writing just long enough to keep her body in motion too. When she's not pretending to be a ninja in her basement, she's most likely spending time with her family and two dogs. Please visit her at www.christinedabo.com

6 comments:

Ashlyn Chase said...

You never cease to amaze me, Christine! I can't imagine how you did this!

Ash *bowing at your feet.

Victoria Adams said...

Wow - what a concept.

Dalton Diaz said...

I know, huh? All this and she can dance, too!

Julianne Keller said...

Oh yeah, I know she can dance, I've seen it!!! Gosh Christine, this book has such an interesting concept. Hmmm, thinking about what my favorite kink would be, bondage and caning. Sooo how hot was that wax???

luvfuzzzeeefaces at yahoo dot com

June M. said...

Congrats on the new release! I loved the "choose your own adventure" books when I was a kid so I know I will love this even more ;-)
I love reading about all kinds of kink: BDSM (bondage (Shibari), discipline such as spankings, floggers, etc), D/S (would love a sexy Dom of my own, LOL), I like the lighter side of SM usually (although if it is well written I can be surprised to find myself really getting into it).
I also love menages, M/M interation, I have read and enjoyed some pegging scenes. I like reading about different sensation play (wax, violet wands, etc), use of different toys and equipment, etc. I have read a little what I would consider edge play (knifes, although no blood was drawn). Basically, I haven't found really anything that I don't like yet except for humilation. I just don't enjoy humiliation such as smacking in the face, spitting, etc. And I stay away from anything with like bodily fluids, etc---definitely NOT something I would like reading.

June
manning_J2004 at yahoo dot com

Christine d'Abo said...

Thanks so much everyone! So far the book is doing well and I'm excited for the feedback.

The winner of the copy of Choose Your Shot (randomly selected by my daughter shouting a number from the other room) is...

Julianna!

I'll send you a quick email to get you the format you'd prefer.

And thanks again to Naughty Author Chicks for having me on the blog!

*does a snoopy dance*