Thursday, June 27, 2013

It's My Turn. Er, Again.

It's my turn.

Yes, I’ve said it before and had Real Life laugh at me. And yes, Real Life will probably laugh at me again sometime soon. Scratch that. It WILL laugh at me again. That’s life.

That said, starting last Monday, I took my Writing Life back again. What a year it has been, but we got through it. The last big Real Life push was a graduation party for my twins, who just graduated high school. The party was last Sunday. Here it is, Thursday, and I have yet to finish putting everything away. I’d be ashamed by that, but I haven’t been sitting on my ass.

Hmmm. Scratch that. That’s exactly what I have been doing. I’VE BEEN WRITING.

(pause)

Sorry, had to step back to let the internal applause die down.

As I said before, I know that Real Life is not done with me yet. There are things happening with my mom that I have no control over, and there will be times when that will have to come first. For the most part, though, I get to leave Real Life behind.

I’ve come home.

2 comments:

Amber Skyze said...

Congrats! Looking forward to a new DD book. :)

Dalton Diaz said...

Thanks, Amber. I know you know first-hand what I mean, and how good it feels to be back.