Friday, May 24, 2013
Favorite Things About the South
Summer is upon us, at least down here in Alabama where the temperature is heating up. Hot weather reminds me of a hotter book of mine, CAN’T FAKE THIS from Loose, id.
CAN’T FAKE THIS is about a divorcee ready to reenter the dating world. Anna Ryan is determined to be the best “product on the market,” which requires a lot more experience so she propositions sexy police officer Chase Harris to teach her how to make hot, passionate love as opposed to just having sex. He takes it a step further, instructing each lesson based on The Twelve Days of Christmas.
On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me…temptation in a hot package. For more, check out the book trailer and excerpt!
The story definitely has my “Sexy, Sassy & Southern” trademark so in honor of the hotness of CAN'T FAKE THIS and the hot weather we're having down South, I’ve put together my list of Top 10 Favorite Things about the South.
1. Sweet tea and sweeter accents
2. Macaroni & cheese is a vegetable and pecan pie is a staple
3. Y'all is a proper noun
4. Smocked dresses and hairbows as big as a little girl's head
5. Front porches are wide and words are long
6. Sultry summer nights that start in April
7. Mardi Gras. Enough said.
8. SEC football. (Roll Tide!)
9. Pageants are serious business
10. Everything is darlin' and someone's heart is always blessed
So what are your favorite things about where you live? I hope you’ll take advantage of the uniqueness of your area and enjoy it, no matter where you hail.
As always, thanks for stopping by.
Find me on Facebook at Casey Crow and Twitter at caseyecrow.
Buy the Kindle version now at Amazon
Buy now at Loose, Id.