Friday, March 1, 2013
The Romance Saga Part III
As you know, for the past few weeks, I've been secretly reporting on the boy crush saga of young love.
Today, 9 (daughter in question) would like to convey the qualities we should be looking for in men.
1. He makes your heart pound.
9 explained on Show and Tell Day the crush made her heart pound when he said he liked to be goofy. Why? Read on...
2. You must have things in common.
9 also likes to be goofy. (Her mama refers to "goofy" as "drama queen") Plus, 9 and her crush love dogs and other animals.
3. He must tell good jokes.
That's true, we all love a man with a good sense of humor.
4. He must give good presents.
I went to lunch with 7 the other day and The Crush waved at ME from three seats down. ME! I was quiet excited until 9 explained the following to me:
1. He was trying to impress me because if Mama likes him, she will encourage the relationship.
9 did not actually use the word "relationship." Instead she smacked her hands together demonstrating the boyfriend/girlfriend bond.
2. Mamas must act "cool," otherwise The Crush will know something is up.
3. Mamas must NOT be too nosey.
9 also imparted this logic:
1. Bat your lashes at a boy.
It clues him in that you like him, but very subtly.
2. Have daydreams about The Crush.
But not while the teacher is talking. Mama gets mad when the grades slip.