Thursday, December 27, 2012

Holiday Aftermath

 We all survived the apocalypse, though I do wonder what people are going to do with all of their stockpiled zombie paraphernalia. Such disappointment for zombie lovers everywhere. Would it help that some of us feel like a zombie now that the main holidays are over? I'm still wondering how I got to this point yet again. It felt like I had all the time in the world leading up to Thanksgiving. Then, within what seemed like one 24 hr cycle, I fell irreparably behind. Plans changed, people got sick, schedules wouldn't stick...you know, a typical holiday season.

We've had our ups and downs, but all in all, 2012 has been an okay year. Even though we don't all have our health in my family, we do have each other. We also have great friends who fill in the gaps, some of them more like family than those born into it. In some ways, that's even better because we all chose each other.

So, most memorable holiday moment from 2012? That would be Xmas Eve. I actually grabbed a gift from under the tree and re-labeled it for a kid I forgot was coming. In front of his parents when he left the room. In my defense, it was look like a schmuck, or let the kid be disappointed.


 Oh God, wait, there's still New Year's Eve. I just might be able to top myself.

Happy New Year to all, and to all a good night. 

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I saw her the day before, the day before, and if you could have seen the list of things she needed to do just for Christmas Eve, it covered 3 sides of loose leaf paper... Its a miracle this woman isn't in a loony bin..(although sometimes her house does sound like one) I have to say I love my new laundry basket.. Thanks Santa...

I might have missed the eel, but believe me you would be glad..

Tizz had a great time..

Love,
Sherry

Dalton Diaz said...

We missed you!

Yeah, Dim Sum AND Sushi? Never again. Separately works fine, but it is physically impossible to do both on the same night and run on time.