Friday, November 23, 2012

How do you shop for Christmas?



By: Casey Crow

We all know Black Friday is the busiest shopping day of the year? Are you one to get up at the butt crack of dawn, scrounge the aisles, and fight the crowds to get the best bargains? Do you shop online in the comfort of your jammies? Are you one of those annoying organized people who have all your shopping done before Thanksgiving? Do you spend the extra twenty at Toys r Us or the mall next week when the crowds aren't so crazy? Do you wait till the last minute like my dad?

I'll admit, I'm an online shopper, followed by a Toys r Us run after Black Friday since most of the stuff I need is out of stock online. Did you notice I said "need" as in my son's NEEDS more legos. LOL However, I'm think I'm going to brave the crowds on Black Friday - or try to. I might chicken out though when I see the number of cars in the parking. I can guarantee I won't be one of those early bird people. Casey is not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination. I do like to stroll the mall at some point before Christmas, maybe picking up that last item or just browsing. I like to see the decorations and hear the carols blasting through the speakers. It just puts you in the spirit, you know?

Well, whatever kind of shopper you are, I hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

CaroleDee said...

Oh, I LOVE Black Friday. I'd say it's one of the few things I miss since moving overseas.

I've tried doing the online sales, but it's just not the same. The atmosphere at those sales is just so super charged it's insane. Not to mention I used to drag my sweet tempered Mom along with me. It's always hilarious to throw a non-aggressive person into a 'warzone.' ;)

Wynter said...

I braved the crowds this year, but hours after the stores opened. I'm not into the lines.

Casey Crow said...

Carole Dee - I can just picture you and your mom. What great memories you two are creating!

Wynter - The department store shoe section was definitely a warzone. And the aftermath for cleaning it up took hours. I think it's worse on the employees than anyone else!