Monday, October 22, 2012

While I Wasn't Paying Attention...

Like most people, this is a really busy time of year for me. We have a big Halloween event coming up plus a whole lot of company and social obligations on the horizon. I've been pulling out my hair trying to find a new critique partner for the past month as well as assembling a street team to help promote my books on the social media sites.

I had glanced at a group email from the management at Ellora's Cave about upcoming print books, but didn't see my name on there. So imagine my surprise when I noticed one of my books had become available in print!

Yup - Burning Touch, a romantic suspense with a generous dollop of kink, is now out in trade paperback. I'm excited about this, but it's another example of me not paying full attention. I think I have a touch of ADD!

Something else I didn't notice was that my husband had a swollen hand for a week. Turned out it was broken and the tough guy didn't even tell me until he absolutely had to because he came home with a cast on it.

Yeah - I get wife of the year points for not paying enough attention there, although in my defense, I think he hid this from me as long as he could, assuming it would go away.

I wish I could say that I'm off my game right now, that usually I do pay attention to more details. But the thing is, I am naturally efficient. Which means I skim when I should probably read carefully. I half listen because I am compiling lists in my always buzzy brain.

Am I alone? Or do things slip past you while you're busy thinking about the next item on your list?

2 comments:

Naima Simone said...

Congratulations on the print release, Wynter! That's a wonderful surprise! I, too, have been known to miss some details because my mind is fixed on something else. Althought...I can't say I've overlooked a broken bone...or husband...Snicker! Wow. Although I have missed a birthday--not mine, but the hubby. I had to do some fast talking on that one!!

Wynter said...

LOL! I bet you had to think fast! I am notoriously bad about dates so I had our anniversary inscribed inside our wedding bands. I have to admit - the date's presence there has reminded me more than once.