Friday, August 17, 2012

Are you comfortable in your skin?

By: Casey Crow

Have you seen Miley Cyrus' new do? Okay, I'm not one to get caught up in pop culture aside from reading the covers of tabloids while waiting in line at the grocery store so talking about a celebrity is sorta new for me, but I'm making an exception with the former Hannah Montana Disney star.

Before:




After:

I'll be the first to admit I like her old style better, but I love how she embracing individuality, saying, "I've never felt prettier and more comfortable in my own skin." This got me wondering what are some other things people could change about themselves to give them a new outlook on life? New clothes? New resident? Getting rid of excess baggage (ie. the boyfriend from hell you thought was an angel until ya'll broke up then you realize "what was I thinking?")? Or are you one of those lucky people who has always had self-confidence?

I'd love to hear your stories and feel free to weigh in on Miley!

4 comments:

Wynter said...

I'm all for taking risks and individuality. Personally, I think Miley was prettier before, but who am I to judge? I definitely look back in my life and have those "what was I thinking" moments, but every wrong turn teaches us something, so no regrets.

Jax Cassidy said...

I may not love Miley's new hairstyle, but I've gone through that stage. I whacked off all my hair into a short Meg Ryan-do, then shorter to a Pink-do. It usually happened when I was getting over a crisis and needed a change. It made me feel like a different person and I embraced it even if it didn't necessarily look so great on me. I think everyone goes through this so I don't see what the big deal is. She's the one who has to live with it and if she loves it, good for her!

Dalton Diaz said...

I tried a short "do" once. My curly hair did its thing, and I was a teased mercilessly. I was waitress, and every time I came up to get food, the cooks would start singing the song from Snow White. That was not the change in my life I was hoping for, tho it was shortly after that that I met my Prince Charming.

That was better than the time I tried a new stylist and he used thinning shears. My kids called me Weird Al. Took almost a year to grow out.

So yeah, I'll stick with removable things, like new clothes and toe rings for an image boost.

Naima Simone said...

I have to admit I like her previous look better but it takes cojenes of steel to embrace that radical of a change. I've done everything from clothes to hair. I used to chop my hair off. Nowadays I just get a weave!!