Thursday, July 5, 2012

Packed and Ready

I usually choose one conference a year to attend, and on occasion, I'll add a last minute trip. This year I'll be traveling to Anaheim for a much needed vacay...of course, I'll also be reunited with old friends and hopefully meet new ones. I'm excited about the networking opportunities and being surrounded by so many talented writers who are traveling the same road I am.  There's simply an abundance of energy that really re-energizes you. I'm also spending an extra week and a half in Los Angeles. After all, it's been 4 years since I moved from there. 

Sometimes I regret the decision to leave the city that's been so dear to my heartbut I know that we can't predict what's in our future...we just have to accept it and roll with it. It'll be good to go back and surrounded by the familiar life. I also can't wait to do some sightseeing with a dear friend of mine who's also flying to Anaheim with me. It's her very first RWA conference trip so I'm hoping I will be able to share with her the special experience. I know it will be an adventure and I'll be sure to document it. Okay, conference is not for another three weeks but I always get super excited this early on. I'll start counting down the days...LOL

Traveling has always been a joy of mine and I hope someday soon I'll be able to do more of it. Work and life has made it difficult to put aside the time but I have big plans to change all that...but I'll share more of that with you when the time comes.

Well, I've been working my buns off and writing may be sporadic, but when I am writing—this contemporary I'm working on totally sucks me in. I can't explain how amazing this story is and I wish I could tell you more but it's going to test me as a writer. There's so many layers of emotions. I'm going to write the screenplay to submit to a  film manager...why not? That was something I did in a past life before becoming a novelist.

I hope everyone enjoyed the 4th of July and are sufficiently filled up with good food, company, and fireworks! I've had a relaxing one...a day like this doesn't come around for me often...meaning, a full day of R&R—fine, I am working right now...but it's the workaholic in me. A few Smirnoff wine coolers really helps with the relaxing part, though! 

Cheers!

5 comments:

Wynter said...

I know you'll have a blast at the conference. Wish I was going, but I'll have to wait until next year in Atlanta. Hey - I had a couple wine coolers, too! Definitely helped me relax.

Jax Cassidy said...

I am most excited about meeting all my friends. Too bad you won't be there but I'll have to have a few drinks for you, Wynter! LOL

Hot Ash Romance Novels said...

I'm jealous, Jax. I'd love to be there, but can't fly anymore. (pout)

I'll be hosting a writer's cookout for the NH babes who can't make it either.

Jax Cassidy said...

Ashlyn...the cookout sounds like a lot of fun! I'm sure those NH babes will love it.

Jina Bacarr said...

Jax,
I'm looking forward to seeing you at RWA!!