Monday, June 4, 2012

Hi Ho, Hi Ho...

It's off to print we go! One of my very favorite books is now available in print! Tropic of Trouble is extra special to me (not that I play favorites) because it features a hero based on my own guy. Jason, the hero, works at a huge metropolitan jail and is super hot!

The heroine is not your typical damsel in distress. Kelsey is a bookworm who owns a used book store and she was so much fun to write. You see, she loves getting lost in a book but fears romance in her real life.

Here's the blurb:


When Kelsey Ackerman ‘s assistant at her used bookstore is murdered, the police label it a botched robbery by a desperate drug addict. But Kelsey suspects the perpetrator was looking for a rare Shakespeare volume that someone unknowingly donated. Now a killer has set her sights on Kelsey.
Jail guard Jason Jones only wants to protect her, but after suffering a controlling father and an abusive ex-husband, Kelsey wants nothing to do with the domineering sergeant. Until the danger becomes crystal clear and the man she can’t resist is the only one who can save her.

And HERE'S an excerpt. 

Since this is my first book from Ellora's Cave to go to print, I'm wondering how it will sell. I love my Kindle, but there are some books I like to read in print - books I'm reading with my book club, for example. The one format I avoid if at all possible is hardcover because I'm a lying-on-the-couch reader;-) Those heavy hardbacks can be murder on my arms. 

What about you? Do you prefer to read all digital books, or do you also read paperbacks? 


3 comments:

Naima Simone said...

Yay, Wynter!! Congratulations on your book going to print! That's wonderful!! And a milestone! I LOVE my Nook, but I still buy paperbacks, too. I especially enjoy going into a used book store, spending hours browsing and discovering those old copies that you can't find anywhere else! Digital books are up there with spanks and Symphony chocolate bars as far as man's greatest inventions, but paperbacks will always hold a special place in my heart...and hands...Hee-hee!

Wynter said...

Ha! Yeah, what would we do without certain innovations;-)

Dalton Diaz said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I have a Nook, but haven't really started using it yet. I'm still a paper gal. I even print out my WIPS to catch errors better.