Thursday, March 29, 2012

Roller Coaster

Image borrowed from LiveSimplicity.ca
I don't know about you, but life never goes the way you want it to... I'd planned on 2012 being my writing year but I can't help getting sucked into the craziness of unpredictability. Last Thursday I missed my post date when my cousin had symptoms of a mild heart attack triggered from a spider bite...we spent all day in the lovely ER. I swear, it's always packed in there and I have to say that there is definitely a need for medical professionals! Hmmm, did I mention I've been moving in the midst of deadlines, health scares, and workload? 

Yea.

Funny how you never catch up no matter how hard you try. That's something I've had to learn to accept. BUTthere is a silver liningI've been more productive with my writing the past three months than I've been in two years! I sent out my first book proposal of the year not long ago and I'll be sending out two more to my agent in a month or so. By the end of the year I should have a few novellas out as well...not too shabby.

How do I stay positive? I'm not real sure, but I believe that when the odds are stacked against you, there's only one thing to do..."throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it."

5 comments:

Naima Simone said...

First, let me thank you profusely for not posting a picture of the spider that bit your cousin. Words cannot express...shudder. I sooo understand about the "ER attitude". Jeez, do I. And I'm sending you a cyber hug over the moving woes. Why does it seem like there's always more stuff when you're moving OUT then when you moved IN? It's like the number of licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop...the world may never know...LOL!

But, major congratulations on the proposal and the writing outlook for 2012! I think that's how you remain positive. S**t happens but being able to look back and ahead and see the productivity and the possibilities keep you moving! I seriously believe God has a way of making it all even!

Dalton Diaz said...

That which does not kill us makes us stronger.

I'm only mostly dead, but I still believe in True Love. (C'mon, I know you guys are movie fans)

Casey Crow said...

Congrats, Jax, on the recent success and glad to hear everything turned out okay at the hospital.

Wynter said...

I hear you about the obstacles that impede writing. Medical issues rush to the forefront whenever they pop up. I hope things quiet down for you!

Callie Croix said...

Waiting in the ER sucks, period. I'm sorry you've had to be there so often recently!

Way to go on your perseverance. It will pay off.