Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Losing 9 lbs in 7 days

If you know me, then you know I'm a dieter. I pride myself in saying I'll try anything to loose weight... Well almost anything. But lets stick to the basics.

If someone comes up with a gimmick I can follow or an over-the-counter medication I can take, I'm there. Yes, I know, the real truth behind success is will power. Let me say, I have none when it comes to food. I'm far from being a picky eater and I love my starches and sweets. So, what's a fat girl to do?

At some point I decided if I couldn't lose the pounds, then I needed to keep myself in check. There starts my escalade through the maze of diet schemes. I'd lose some weight, keep it off for a while, but it would come back (yo-yo effect). However, this does keep me from continuously growing. I'm not looking to be on The Biggest Loser.

My new try is taking the off-the-shelf drug, HCG. A relative pointed it out, saying he knew a guy at work that lost a good bit of weight using it. Naturally, my interest was piqued. I backed up my shopping cart and began reading the box, the pamphlet inside and the side of the bottle (it's liquid drops).

Without much hesitation, believing the spiel on the label, we each purchased the HCG. Our futher conversations about dieting on basically about 500 calories a day led us to needing a support system, so we got other family members in on the plan. I'm a pretty good cook, handy with minimal ingredients, so I was designated the meal planner.

Now everyday, I plan out our 2 skimpy rations of meat, veggies and fruit. It's early in the game, but I've already dropped 9 lbs in 7 days. However, we're all anxious to see if we shed the average of 1-2 pounds a day over a 40 day timeframe.

4 comments:

Wynter said...

Holy cow! 500 calories a day?? That's pretty brutal. I wish you luck.

Dalton Diaz said...

Have you tried weight watchers? Slower, yes, but it's about more than just the weight loss. If you do it, I will!

Brenda said...

Thanks, Wynter,
I've now lost 12 lbs. The food selection is pretty bland choices, but I'm motived by the constant losing.

Yes, Dalton, I've been on weight watchers. It's not that I don't know how to lose weight, I've always done that, it's the long process. I get bored and decide I want the cake again. My downfall is I love food and I like to eat.
I'm actually not hungry and the 500 calories is a low number. The day I checked it was about 650. After 40 days, I get 3 times as much food for 3 weeks, and then start over if I haven't lost all the weight I wanted. I still anticipate failure at some point, but for now, it's looking good.

Callie Croix said...

Yikes! That sounds very, very fast, and incredibly hard on your body. Be careful!