How do you know if the man (gender can be changed to suit your needs) you are dating is “THE ONE?” This simple Valentine’s Day test offers the opportunity to figure out if you’re headed for the altar, not going beyond the bedroom, or if that emergency pint of Haagen Dazs in the freezer would make a better partner.
1. You make a lot less money than he does, but insist on paying for dinner. He:
a) says he loves Taco Bell
b) makes it clear you can pay him back in other way
c) keeps a tally and throws it in your face all the time
2. On your 3rd date, you tell him you have 2 young kids. He:
a) asks if you’ve ever put a guitar in their hands
b) says, “But you have every other weekend to hook-up, right?”
c) asks if they’ll interfere with the time he’s carved out of his busy schedule to spend with you.
3. You have wicked PMS, and are justifiably bitchy. He snaps back for the first time ever, making you cry. (PMS, remember?) He:
a) apologizes because nothing matters but that he made your cry
b) laments the fact that he won’t be getting sex for the next week
c) rolls his eyes and tells you to “deal.”
4. You go with your man to buy his dream truck, and when you get back to his place, you open the truck door and scrape it on a wall. He says:
a) that’s why he bought a truck
b) (with a smile) that you owe him a blowjob a day - for life
c) he can’t believe how stupid you are.
5. You are majorly directionally challenged, and are trying to read a map (GPS’s don’t exist to lie yet) as you make your way to a Reggae Boat Cruise. He:
a) calmly flips the map right side up at the next red light
b) says he has a better idea and pulls into the nearest hotel
c) insists on driving AND reading the map because your safety isn’t in question - he’s got this.
There you go. Five simple examples with three possible scenarios.
A = marriage
B = have fun, but when the fun is over, will likely become a C
C = get out your spoon
And if you haven’t guessed by now, these were real scenarios, and my man was and is an A all the way through, though I don’t mind if he delves toward B territory for a few hours.
Yeah, I just got mushy on you. Hey, it’s my pre-Valentine’s Day post! This one's for you, Stud.