Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Romanticon 2011

I know I've warned you that I'm not a good photographer, and everything I learned in Alaska about using the camera seemed to have flown right out of my head when facing testosterone instead of nature and wildlife. Really, can you blame me?

Here's a shot from the first party, The Stone Age.










Here's Rodney. We were so thrilled to see him there, and he emceed all of the events. He's the man and always will be. And if you can tear your eyes away from him, these are the Cougar Challenge authors, minus a few who couldn't be there.



Then we come to the Futuristic party. Wow, there were some fab costumes! Here are some pics that speak for themselves.

Ciana Stone and Kathy Kulig
Tiffany Bryan



















Kaenar Langford



















Cathy M., Cover Model CJ, & Tiffany Bryan.
Cathy and Tiffany were awesome help with mom and my Stone Age costumes, and I owe them a huge thanks. THANKS! You saved me an unbelievable amount of time.



The Bitches and their new Boy Toy, Alex!










Dancing the night away









The big booksigning was on Sunday. I didn't get many pics because I was, well, signing, but here are a few. Found out that it's Alex on the new cover of Art of Modern Love. Hot Damn!

Alex is a true gentleman, and sexy as hell to boot. And man, can he dance!











Speaking of dance, there were burlesque and pole dancers who performed during the booksigning, and they gave workshops! I didn't get to attend, dammit, but I hope they'll be there next year, too. Definitely a big hit.












And then there was Pajama Bingo. Pajama Bingo was the end of the weekend, last thing on Sunday, let your hair down and enjoy yourself. And apparently your pants, too. It was fun, silly, and we laughed our asses off and won prizes. What could be better? Did I mention that it was run by Rodney?
























17 comments:

Wynter Daniels said...

Wow, that looks like a wild good time again! Thanks for all the shots - including the cheesecake ones;-)

Dalton Diaz said...

Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts!

Yes, we had a blast. I tried to upload a couple of videos, but they wouldn't load. :(

Paige Tyler said...

RomantiCon was so much fun! And it was so great seeing you again, Dalton, and meeting your mom!

Can't wait for next time!

*hugs*
Paige

Regina Carlysle said...

Awwwwww. Love the pics! Just perfect.

kaenar said...

It was such a great time. Thanks for posting the pics. My pointy bits look lethal. lol
Can't wait 'til they announce next year's theme.
Kaenar
www.kaenar.com

Callie Croix said...

Wow, exactly what kind of "networking" did you do there? Lol. Looks like fun, anyway! So neat that Alex is on one of your covers and you got to meet him.

Nina Pierce said...

:( Okay, this is the last year I miss all the fun. It looks like a good time was had by all!

Michelle Polaris said...

Pictures were amazing and I had such a fantastic time. Bingo was hilarious. It was like going to a stand up comedy routine with constant sexual innuendo. You should definitely come, Nina. It's well worth it.

Shelley Munro said...

Fun photos. Color me envious. Maybe one day I'll get to attend.

Mai said...

Awesome post Dalton! and the pics are great, yummy!!

Jina Bacarr said...

Dalton, thanks for sharing your good time and pix with us. Second best thing to being there.

Dalton Diaz said...

The shot I missed was Kaenar walking around with green olives on the ends of those points!

Yes, it is always fun to let loose and have a great time. Nina, if you try to back out next year, I swear I'm kidnapping you. Don't think I won't - you're close enough now.

Callie, shoot, I was supposed to be networking?

Amy Ruttan said...

Fantastic pics, Dalton.

Romanticon was awesome inspite of the crappy hotel! Great to meet you!

Dalton Diaz said...

Great to meet you, too! And yeah, I'm really hoping we don't have it there next year. It was the first Romanticon there, and hopefully the last.

Adele Dubois said...

Hi Dalton!

The first RomantiCon was a blast, and maybe I'll get to attend another one day. Thanks for sharing your pics. Looks like fun.

Best--Adele

Dalton Diaz said...

I hope so, Adele. I'd love to see you again.

chirth7 said...

Looks like an awesome time!! Sorry so late getting around to the email. Thanks for sharing!! :)

I'm going to make it one of these years!!!