Friday, October 14, 2011

Recipe from the Gulf Coast RWA Chapter





I had the pleasure of hosting at my home the October meeting for the lovely ladies of the Romance Writers of America Gulf Coast Chapter. Everyone brought goodies to munch on, and I made a few dips. One in particular had members requesting the recipe so I'd thought I share it with you, too. I should point out that my number one criteria when selecting a recipe is that it must be EASY!



Creamy Corn Dip
Ingredients
1 (15 ounce) can Shoe Peg corn, 1/2 undrained

1 can Mexicorn, 1/2 undrained
1/2 cup purple onion

1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
Paprika & salt to taste



Directions
In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Great with corn chips, crackers, vegetables, or as a cold side dish.


There are several versions of this recipe. For a spicier dip, add diced green chilies (drained), diced jalapeno pepper, more purple onion, and/or cayenne pepper. I also used fat free mayo and sour cream. This is best made the day before serving.


Enjoy!

5 comments:

Wynter said...

Sounds yummy. I'll have to try that - thanks!

Michelle Polaris said...

Now I'm hungry. Wish I'd been there.

Casey Crow said...

Well, I'm hosting the Christmas party too first Sat in Dec so try to come! Guess I'll be making my now famous corn dip. LOL

Jax Cassidy said...

That sounds YUMMY! I will have to try the recipe out! :)

Paige Tyler said...

I agree! Sounds yummy!

*hugs*
Paige