Thursday, September 8, 2011

Alaska in Pics - Not!!

Betcha thought you were going to be seeing cool pics of Alaska. Yeah, I thought you were, too. Truth is, I haven't even downloaded them yet. Haven't even shown them to the male half of the family, aka: Those Who Didn't Get to Go. Hell, I haven't even fully unpacked yet!

Why is this not done yet? you ask, drumming fingers on the table. Because I know you were holding your breath, waiting for this post. Really.

So, was it...
a) I came home a week ago Mon, one day after a hurricane left New England
b) Power actually went out the Sun of the Hurricane, and didn't come back until Wed
c) Wed and Thurs were spent throwing away questionable food and doing cleanup
d) Teenage kid got sick Thurs night and next 4 days entailed every 4 hr fever checks, dr. visits, & 2 hospital runs.
e) ALL OF THE ABOVE

If you chose e, you've won... well, nothing, but thanks for playing. Life sucks sometimes, and like I've blogged here many times, humor is everything. The good news is, we're on the mend. Kid has bacterial pneumonia, and he finally hit a point where mom and dad can sleep through the night. Holy Hell. We'd forgotten what that's like. Been there, done that in the early years, too old for it now! Freezer/Fridge are slowly restocking, and I found out DH brought the freezer stock of meat over to the In-Laws when we lost power. He just forgot to tell me. Good thing I didn't have a chance to hit Costco!

The worst part of it all is the kid, hands down, but the second worse is that I haven't written a word! I just may do that before I unpack.

Hey, wait, does this count?

7 comments:

Michelle Polaris said...

I can sense you are turning a corner. It's been a rough road, Dalton. But just think how fun writing will be in comparison to that mess? Good luck.

Wynter Daniels said...

So sorry you've been through so much icky stuff. Hope things get better soon!

Ashlyn Chase said...

Your humor has always served you well, my friend. Don't forget to use this in a book--as soon as you can get back to writing.

Jina Bacarr said...

Dalton--you deserve another vacation! Take a moment to exhale...you came through it all with your family--and your humor--intact.

Take care...

Desiree Holt said...

Wait! That was MY trip to Alaska you took. Hmmm. Okay, sending sympathy for sick kid and hurricane and totally admiring your fabulous sense of humor.

Dalton Diaz said...

Thanks, everyone! I can't tell you how much it helps to be around people who get my sense of humor. There's nothing worse than getting a blank stare, or being made to feel "inappropriate" for your method of stress relief. Then again, people like that aren't in my life for long!

Callie Croix said...

So glad your kid is better! And I hope you get a few solid nights of sleep in the next while.