Monday, August 29, 2011

Back to the Grindstone

Last month I posted a blog about how much I love the summer - the lack of structure, the sleeping in, etc. But in truth, much as I love the summer months, I don't really get much writing done. I'm not exactly sure what stymies me. Maybe it's the very things I love, like the lack of a regular schedule.


Here in Florida, school starts back in August and this is my youngest child's senior year of high school. Which means I am no longer compelled to drive her to school at the crack of dawn. So now I have no excuse for my lack of productivity.


On paper, I am uber productive. I have books 2 and 3 in my Long and Hard series releasing soon. So do any of you authors out there have any tricks of the trade for kicking your butt into gear?


I just got the covers for my next two books in the Long and Hard series so please indulge me. I must post them. All the covers reflect the mood of the story they belong to.

8 comments:

Terry Odell said...

No kids at home. No real difference in the seasons. Heck, no real difference in the days of the week. It's just a matter of understanding that if you want to publish a book, you have to write it first.

Terry
Terry's Place
Romance with a Twist--of Mystery

Callie Croix said...

Oooh, I love the one for Crescendo! So hot.

I've been a very bad girl this summer, and have only written about two chapters. But soon the kids will be in school full time (even my little guy--sob!) and I'll have no excuses. Time to crack the whip!

Wynter said...

Good point, Terry. I guess that days of the week only matters when someone is working a regular job.

Thanks, Callie. Hard as it is when the youngest one starts school, you'll love the time to yourself!

Jina Bacarr said...

Very sexy covers, Wynter--and intriguing. Makes you want to know what's going on with the H/H to put them in such interesting positions...the series name "Long and Hard" does give us a sexy clue...congrats!

Wynter said...

Thanks, Jina. The detective brothers' last name is Long, and well, hard - that refers to how difficult the women they get involved with are, although yeah, there is that other meaning;-)

Michelle Polaris said...

Love the covers. I don't have a great trick to kick your butt back into motion, but you could pretend that you have to go to high school and be awake and going to class for at least a few periods every morning. Sometimes tricking ourselves into habits is the best we can do.

Wynter said...

That's an idea, Michelle. Maybe I've started today as it's not even 8 am here yet here I sit;-)

Cerise DeLand said...

yummy yummy on the covers! I adore summer too and one reason I love Texas, (except THIS summer when there is ZERO RAIN), is how hothothot it is. ALLLLLWAYS.