Thursday, August 25, 2011

Amazual Alaska

I’m writing this as the sea leg of my journey is coming to an end. To be honest, Alaska would not have been my first choice in vacation destination. We’re approaching winter in New England, and if it’s anything like last year, I will soon get my fill of cold and snow. However, this is mom’s dream, with the alternative being an African safari. Since my idea of roughing it is a 2 star hotel, Alaska won.

So...one week in Alaska, and this Naughty Author Chick is completely won over. This is the most beautiful freakin’ place I’ve ever seen, life-sized cutouts of Sarah Palin notwithstanding. I could try to describe what I’ve encountered, but words just won’t do it justice. Lucky for us, I have a camera.

Juneau

Glacier Bay

As I'm writing this, the land portion begins tomorrow, so I’ll post those pics on my next blog turn, two weeks from today.



5 comments:

Cara McKenna said...

Gorgeous! I just got back from three weeks in Oregon and British Columbia, but I must admit, Alaska's got even those places beat in the scenery department!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Ashlyn Chase said...

So beautiful!

My mom went there. Wish I could do the cruise sometime. But like you, I hate the cold. Would rather cruise the Caribbean.

Wynter Daniels said...

Gorgeous. This Florida girl prefers warmth, too! But glad you're getting to see such amazing scenery and capturing it for us.

Dalton Diaz said...

Wait until my next post!

Paige Tyler said...

Beauiful pics! Glad you're having fun!

*hugs*
Paige