Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pigs in Bondage



Disclaimer:

No Guinea Pigs were harmed in the taking of this photo.









This Guinea Pig:
A) bites
B) prefers bondage
C) is waiting for a leather-wearing, whip-wielding sow
D) is waiting to be neutered

Um, yeah, A and D are true, but if you were even considering B and C, you have some issues. And A may be true, but that wouldn’t warrant getting neutered.

The truth? This is one of my Guinea Pigs. He’s antisocial, a spontaneous biter, and he sits on his food so his cage mate can’t eat it (then won’t eat it himself), but he’s so damn cute we forgive him. Kinda like Charlie Sheen. Or maybe Robert Downey Jr, because really, Charlie Sheen just isn’t that cute or forgivable anymore.


Just to be fair, here's a pic of him tonight, safe and sound, minus only a couple of parts he was never destined to use.













Back to the original pic. The best part is that the photo op was totally unintentional. I worked at the vet clinic and was brought into the OR because the Dr. had a question. I can’t remember what the question was, but I do remember telling them not to touch a thing and literally running to get my cell phone.

Now, those who know me even just a little bit know that I have a thing for Guinea Pigs. I adore them. But even I laughed in the vet’s face - who also happened to be my boss - when she told me we needed to spend a couple hundred bucks - with my employee discount, no less - to neuter a rodent. There was never any question that we’d pay for it, but I did get the “oh.my.god.” eye roll from DH. (Lower case, because let’s face it, he’s married to me and there have been much worse things to get all upper case about.)

He so deserved to see this pic. I didn't write any text, just labeled it, Pigs in Bondage. Oh, to have been a fly on the wall! His coworkers didn't believe it was real. And just in case you don't, either, here's another view.

So, anyone I've shown these pics to has one of two reactions. They either burst out laughing or look at me like I've grown two heads for thinking this is the best photo op ever.

Which camp do you belong in?

A) Pigs in Bondage Rocks!
B) You Need Therapy

12 comments:

marybelle said...

Now that's a once in a lifetime photo opportunity. (One would think.)

marypres@gmail.com

Wynter Daniels said...

OMG! I'm an animal lover, but this made me nearly spit out my coffee I was laughing so hard.

Michelle Polaris said...

Pigs in Bondage all the way! This pic was meant to be. Thank you.

Bobbie said...

OMG! This is too funny! I've always been told that my sense of humor has always been, well, just a little off center. It's so nice to know that I"m not alone.

Dalton Diaz said...

Marybelle,
One would hope!

Wynter,
Thank you. Exactly.

Michelle,
I was thinking about having a poster made for you. *g*

Bobbie,
You are sooooo not alone!

Missy Ann said...

This needs to go the cheezburger for captioning. It's also the funniest thing I've seen in days. :D

Dalton Diaz said...

Never thought of that, Missy Ann! I'll head over there.

Maggie Nash said...

Oh definitely a. Pigs in bondage rocks!

So cute DD..and surprisingly gives a lot of insight into your character! In a good way of course :-)

Maggie

Dalton Diaz said...

Hey, Mags! Hmm, what, that I like Guinea Pigs a little too much? LOL!

Virginia E said...

Add me to the A list. Even someone with male sympathy pains should appreciate the picture. Of course they should also be glad that it's not their pride & joy on the endangered list...

Dalton Diaz said...

Hey, Virginia!
Yeah, but I think a male wince would be ok here. But then I think about the pain of childbirth, and I'm right back to telling them to, er, grow a pair.

Mai said...

O M G absolutely priceless lol. I'm most def in catagory A :)
Awesome!