Wednesday, November 24, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I'll try to remember to post pics of the Turducken by the end of the night. Meanwhile, here's a little something to help you through the family madness. Grab a glass of wine, sit back, and just imagine having your own personal chef...


Hmm, guess the real thing isn't as exciting, but it all tasted great! Here's the Terducken whole (didn't brown due to having to cook in a tabletop electric oven).
The inside - Turkey, Duck, Chicken, sausage-craisin-apple stuffing

Hope your Thanksgiving was as good as this moment, sitting around with all of my boys watching Kick Ass.


7 comments:

Wynter Daniels said...

I want a hot cook like him! I've never heard of a Terducken - sounds interesting. How was it?

Ashlyn Chase said...

Please tell me that's not your son in the apron! LOL

Ash

Michelle Polaris said...

Thank you for the holiday inspiration! It makes Thanksgiving worth it.

Sherry said...

Where was he yesterday?? Damn..

Bookdragon3 said...

Wynter, Turducken is Turkey stuffed with Duck stuffed with Chicken (and a lot of bread based stuffing). Ducks have a lot of fat, so it essentially bastes the inside of the turkey to keep everything moist and delicious.

Dalton Diaz said...

Wynter and Bookdragon3, turducken was ok. This is the 2nd time I've made it, and it's more about the making and getting to eat one than anything else. I don't think I'll do it again, but I could be wrong. I did make one mistake, and that was using sausage in the stuffing. It overpowered the other flavors. We also had a stuffed 28 lb turkey and prime rib, so plenty to go around. Turkey soup tonight!

Dalton Diaz said...

Ew, Ash, no!! Aw man, way to get me to NOT work on my cougar book tonight!

Sherry, it was Uncle Frank. He was incognito.

Michelle, you're talking about the sunbathing turkey, right?