Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Romanticon 2010

First off, let me just say that I'm kicking my own ass. I was not pleased with the pics this camera took at RT in April, yet I somehow believed it would magically work by October. It works when it wants to. Some of these were taken with my phone.

So let's get started. I had an absolutely amazing time, and there were five Naughty Author Chicks in the house! Here we are at the Roarin' 20's party, which was a blast.

L-R, Ashlyn Chase, Michelle Polaris, Paige Tyler, Cara McKenna, Dalton Diaz. Holy cow Michelle can move on the dance floor!

That pin on my headband really belonged to my grandmother.




This is a pic of some of the Cougar Challenge authors posing with the Cavemen. They couldn't fit us all in, but it was a lot of fun trying. It took awhile, too, which was suuuch a bummer.

L-R, Samantha Kane, Cris Anson (back) Samantha Caito, Dalton Diaz, Mari Freeman, Jane Rylon (back)

As we were slooowly getting off their laps, the Cougar jokes were flying. One of the Cavemen said they preferred MILFs. I don't know which one it was, but I love him.







The next night was the 10 yr anniversary party for Ellora's Cave, with a tribute to the woman and the book that started it all, The Emperor's New Clothes by Jaid Black. The Cavemen were wearing really tight black leather (probably pleather, but really, who cares?), sexy boots, and... um, glow in the dark body paint. You'll have to take my word for it on the body paint 'cuz my camera hates me.

I did get this great shot of Jaid Black. We all got a copy of the book, which she then sat and signed for hours. Thank you for everything!




Angelo ran the dance floor, and he and Brooks and their pleather pants stuck around and really made it a fun night for us all. Believe me, it could not have been easy dancing in those boots.











Kelly here (left) looks like she's having a little too much fun dancing with Brooks. Wonder if he already took the light up balls out of his pants? Yeah, don't ask, and we won't tell.












These two EC models also dressed as characters from The Emperor's New Clothes. The blue gal is the model on my book, Winters' Thaw!

What great sports. Those suits had to be uncomfortable and hot, but I never saw them without a smile.








I couldn't resist posting this one from the same night. This is me, with Brooks, taken on my phone to send to Mr. Dalton Diaz with the caption, "So, are you coming next year?" When I told Brooks what it was for, he was more than willing to pose. Did I mention he has a great sense of humor? So does Mr. Diaz, thank god! We'll get him there next year. Special thanks to Michelle, the EC fan/aspiring author who insisted we duck into this hallway when neither camera nor phone would work in the dark room.

Great shot of the boots here.






Cougar Growling with none other than Rodney. That's me with Rodney, and there's a piece of Ashlyn Chase in the background, but I don't blame anyone for not noticing us. Rodney is the man!

EC was kind enough to let us do the Cougar Growl at the Meet and Greet. That was the first night, so yes, I'm out of order.



Angelo and Brooks again. Hmmm, I'm sensing a favorites theme here.

Do you see the stickers on their chests? They say Cougar Bait! All of the Cavemen were sports and let us stick those on their chests, and giant ones on their butts! Brooks seemed to keep losing his and needed it put back on. At least, that's what major EC fan Sherry kept telling me. She wouldn't have worked it to be less sticky, would she?





One of the 3 Cougar Growl baskets was won by one of the Two Lips ladies. (I didn't ask, so won't tag them.) I missed their parties last year, so I was thrilled that my room was just a few doors down from theirs. What a blast! They always had something going on, tons of laughter, and OMIGOD, I haven't had quesadillas like that since I left Cali!

I'll wear my T-shirt with pride. Ladies, I will never forget Sunday night. That is so going in a book.




Here is Rodney with the lucky reader, Terri, who won Sheba, the Cougar that the Cougar Challenge authors raffled off during the bookfair. She was at the conference last year, too, and I was so glad to see her win. Go, Terri!!









Here I am at the booksigning with Laurann Dohner, a new author with EC. She is incredibly nice, and so is Mr. Laurann! He never left her side, but somehow managed to take care of anything any of us needed, too. Same with Mr. Amber Skyze, but the pics of Amber didn't come out, dangit! We have to work on getting Mr. Diaz there next year.






The conference ended with the hat bingo party. Our table was almost a complete bust until Frances Stockton won a great bag. Phew! We were all pretty punchy by this point, laughing at everything and eating the Smarties we were supposed to be using to play bingo. Ok, that was just me eating the Smarties.

L-R, Michelle Polaris with fabulous buttons on her Fedora, Cara McKenna with a chicken on her head, and me in my teenage son's purple pimp hat. Hey, it could have been worse. I can prove it. Check out the winning hat...








Yes, this is what you think it is, and if you have to ask, you're on the wrong site. This was the best shot I was able to get, which doesn't really do it justice. The best part was watching the Cavemen avoid walking behind her at all cost. Rodney did get over it and wore the thing to deliver the last basket. I told you, he's the man!

Angelo took over for Rodney reading off the Bingo calls. He had a little trouble with a few words...

Boot-sheek fi-teen Forever!

39 comments:

Christine H said...

Great pics!! Thanks for sharing. I've seen a pic of sherry once but not Rhonda, Maybe the next get together get their up dated pics. ;)

You all looked great!! you all are some Smokin hot ladies!!! :)

Glad you had a blast, Hope I can join you one of these years.

Those cavemen are yummy!!! If I knew all their names I'd tell ya my favorite. :)

Amber Skyze said...

Great pics! What a fun time it was. Can't wait for next year.

Michelle Polaris said...

This picture restrospective was so much fun to see Dalton. It makes me feel like I'm there all over again. Well, without the loud music blasting on the dance floor. I loved every minute of it and am eager to go back next year. My camera misery was even worse than yours. I need a new one big time. My strategy has been to steal pics off other attendees facebook pages. Thanks again.

Mel Teshco said...

The more pics I see the more I wanna go!!!! It's a long way from oz though... *sigh*

Terri said...

Hey Dalton, the pics are great!
Rodney is such a sweetie. I knew a pic would be posted of us holding Sheba. :-)

I can't wait for next year!!

Terri

Wynter Daniels said...

Thank you, thank you for posting all those pics and giving us a play by play. I almost feel like I was there, or at least, wishing I was.

Christine d'Abo said...

These are awesome!!

I miss you guys already. I need to figure out what conference I can attend next so I can see you guys.

Regina Carlysle said...

OHHHHH I love these. Brought me right back to Romanticon for awhile, DD.

Savannah Stuart said...

Thanks for sharing about your time there! The pics are awesome and that last one...oh my, lol :)

Nina Pierce said...

Waaa ... these are great pictures Dalton. It makes me so sad I missed it this year. But I'll be there next year with bells on!

Desiree Holt said...

Great pics, DD. Scooping the Cavemen ioff your blog and tucking them into my bedroom. Can't wait until next year.

Adele Dubois said...

Looks like a fun con! Wish I could have been there. Last year was a blast. See you in 2011, Dalton!

Best--Adele

Dalton Diaz said...

Christine, I know! I'm so bummed. I tried to lighten them, but they were still too grainy. I also had one of Sherry's daughter that would have been stunning, but it was blurred like she was moving. That was the thing Will couldn't fix, then the camera battery completely died about an hour later, even tho it should have lasted much longer. Arrgh!
So we'll call this a teaser to get you there next year.

Dalton Diaz said...

Amber and Michelle, it was so much fun hanging with you. I can't wait to do that again!

Dalton Diaz said...

Mel, Lexxie Cooper hails from there, too, and so does Helen, Ash and my editor for EC. She was there, but my pic of her didn't come out.

You look great as a blonde, Helen!

Dalton Diaz said...

Terri, I'll take that as a permission to tag since you just outed yourself! Off to put you in the post. I'm so thrilled you won Sheba! Woo-Hoooooo!!!!

Paige Tyler said...

LOL! We're not going to be able to play bing without thinking of Angelo! Who is my new favorite cover model, by the way. I had to buy my own book just so I could have him sign the cover! Furiously working on another with a long-haired hero so he can be on that one, too!

RoamntiCon was so amazing! I can't believe how much fun it was and can't wait until next year!

I've got a new release out so I'm blogging about that this week, but I'll blog about RomantiCon, too!

*hugs*
Paige

Dalton Diaz said...

Wynter, Savannah, and Adele, yes! Please, please come in 2011! It's going to take a lot to make me miss this one. If I could only choose one conference per year, this would be the one.

Dalton Diaz said...

Christine and Regina, I have one thing to say.

O - Six-y - Nine

Dalton Diaz said...

Nina, you'd better be! Mr. Nina, too!

Dalton Diaz said...

Paige, I can't wait to read your blog, too. It's been a whirlwind trying to keep up with everyone's blog posts across the net!

Angelo was truly amazing. The transformation from last year to this year is astounding, and must have taken a helluva lot of hard work on his part. Yes, he was drop-dead gorgeous last year, but this year he was the whole package and then some. Go, Angelo!

Dalton Diaz said...

Desiree, none of these events would be the same without you. Seriously. This lady knows how to have fun, folks, and the amount of work she puts into it is astounding. Big shout out to Samantha Kane and Mari Freeman on that front, too. You guys all rock!

Kaily Hart said...

Dalton, what great pics. I love how you captioned them. I really didn't expect to have as much FUN as I did. Can I sign up for next year yet?? LOL. Was great to see so many talented authors who were also so friendly and wonderful.

STORIDIVA said...

After seeing all those Muscles and LOOOoooong Hair.. I just HAVE to come next year...

Shoshanna Evers said...

Great pics! Romanticon was so much fun, I miss it already *wipes tear*. Can't wait till next year!

Dalton Diaz said...

Kaily, I think the longest conversation I got to have with you was at the booksigning, when I asked you to stop someone because I'd accidentally kept her pen! I went non-stop, but there were still so many people and so much stuff I missed.

Shoshanna, it was great to meet you. Welcome to EC!

Dalton Diaz said...

Storidiva, that does it. I'm making a list. You are now officially coming in 2011.

Donna said...

The pics and narative are great. I really hope to be there next year as my alter ego. Sounds like a blast an next year Nina and I will help cause some major trouble. LOL

Dalton Diaz said...

I'm counting on it, Donna. Oh god, are you saying you have an even wilder side? Yikes!

Cara McKenna said...

Buttcheek…14!

Thanks for posting these, Dalton!

Delphine Dryden said...

Dalton, those are some great pictures! LOL I'll bring Mr. Dryden next year but only if he has plenty of other geeky hubsters to hang out with! I think he'd be bored outta his gourd otherwise.

Delphine Dryden said...

Oh, and also?

Buttcheek...thirteen!

Dalton Diaz said...

LOL, Cara and Delphine! It was so awesome to be sitting at the Bingo table with you both. Oh man, Cara, when you got that call from your friend and said you were sitting at Bingo with a chicken on your head, I thought we were all going to end up on the floor.

Delphine, I'm going to try my hardest to get Mr. Diaz to come. Kids will be driving by then (despite this weekend's setback with the fender vs garage), so it's just a matter of someone to police them. Without it being the police...

Kelly said...

Hey Dalton,

Sunday night in the Two Lips room is def one of my favorite memories from Romanticon! It was wonderful getting to talk with you and if you want to tag it - I'm dancing with Brooks in the one pic (purply skirt & top). Can't wait to hear all about the book you "researched" Sun night!! *weg*

Dalton Diaz said...

Kelly, done. Just like Angelo, you have to be careful giving free rein to an erotic author.

So, just what was Brooks doing with his hand??

Mai said...

WoW! Look at all the fun and good times to be had, next year i'm so there.

Everyone looks so great, DD there is no way you have 4 boys, smokin'.

Dalton Diaz said...

Yeah, well, I got to pick the pics that went up here! Thanks. Gads, 2 of my kids are older than Angelo!

Cassandra said...

Funny
I kinda have lost my trust in Jaid, since the “Trek Mi Q'an” series. Loved "Breeding grounds", but the books keep becoming more and more unrealistic. I sure do hope I am wrong! But Jaid's stile is a superficial ... kinda "for stupid people" one. I really repeat: I HOPE I AM WRONG! But excuse me if I don't trust the commercial reviews all bloggers are giving away.
I will read this book too, and I promise you if I find it "insulting" I will not cover it up. I am sick of sugar-coating it!That is why I never "commercially bend" my reviews to my readers.
Thanks!

Dalton Diaz said...

Cassandra, I honestly don't know any authors who want fake reviews. We know we can't please everyone all the time, and that's ok. Smarts a bit sometimes, but that's par for the course.

I was thanking Jaid for starting it all. For writing and persevering and working so hard that she actually changed the industry to include authors like me. Like all of us who love Romantica, whether we write it, read it, review it, or all of the above!